In your role as an OSS Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering Desk Side Support to IT users, specifically handling IT issues that require physical intervention. Your duties will extend to aiding incident resolution through collaboration with various support teams and groups within the IT department. You will play a critical role, serving as a representative of the IT organization, and acting as the interface between the customer and other IT functions.
- You will be responsible for diagnoses and resolving IT-related issues effectively and efficiently.
- You will ensure that computers are delivered in a 'ready-to-use' condition for IT users.
- You will provide ad-hoc training to users on common IT issues and guide them through self-service tools.
- You will be responsible for managing the physical stock of devices and accessories, including updates in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- You will be responsible for conducting regular inventory checks for relevant hardware.
- You will coordinate logistics by utilizing local logistics providers to transport and relocate devices between locations.
- You will handle warranty cases in collaboration with the appropriate Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) vendors.
- You will identify and report potential risks that could impact the quality of OSS services.
- You will offer support to end users and ensure the functionality of IT equipment and software in meeting rooms and other user collaboration areas as part of desk-side support.
- You will host and assist third-party technicians.
- You will be responsible for performing routine checks of computer rooms, including monitoring temperature, air conditioning, cabling, and general functionality.
- You will adhere to prescribed OSS governance, which involves participating in meetings and following the escalation process, among other responsibilities.
- You will follow OSS procedures as outlined in the Runbook, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and knowledge articles.
- You will be responsible for recommending equipment modifications or improvements to achieve operating efficiencies and ensure customer satisfaction within a factory environment (when applicable)
- You will support process engineering & and maintenance as related to non-standard IT hardware, non-standard systems, IT-related production equipment, machine control issues, etc. (when applicable)
- You will be responsible for the setup and deployment of hardware of various types of software. (When applicable)
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Formal qualification in IT completed from an accredited university or college OR completed an apprenticeship in the field of IT.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences in the local language and English.
- Proactive and solution-oriented mindset
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and is self-driven.
- Legal authorization to work in the applied location is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this role.
- Proficiency in both spoken & and written English language is required.