Contribute to furthering the team supporting Global Engineering function in GPG DT Distribution Dry and Traction Transformers – working on concepts as Envelope of Confidence, StarX platform, consulting for factories and driving development team on the Mechanical Design Systems used today and in the future in the GPG DT. Actively promote standardization initiatives within the GPG – both referred to established products and new developed products. Provide means for the success of the Global Engineering Project within GPG DT.
- Understand deeply the mechanical design of DTR (Liquid Filled) standard products – and work with GPG DT Engineering Manager, GPG DT Mechanical Platform Manager and other project managers and local Engineering teams to improve mechanical design platform (CDSm) in timely manner,
- Give an expert opinion whenever a gap analysis is needed – in view of establishing common design platform and/or acknowledging differences or accepted variations from common design platform,
- Work with technical standard owners and all Technology Centers teams on implementing contents in a mechanical design platform and on establishing and furthering a common body of mechanical design platform,
- Understand the landscape of software applications that need to interact with the mechanical design platform and have the capability to foster the communication,
- Work together with other Technology Centers for the realization of Technical Standards for all the new products, act as the link between the GPG teams, the various PGUs and the CDS mechanical dev team,
- Discuss with the PGUs all Bug Reports and Change Requests. Then together with Mechanical Design Platform manager decide on priorities and actions. Propose new ideas to improve productivity in factories using new technologies and by analyzing the factory design process,
- Providing feedback and influence the GPG improvement projects (with mechanical, standardization content, coordinate activities with GMR, SCM and factories),
- Coordinate activities with mechanical simulations network team, track & implement DtV ideas and Teardown project result.
- University degree plus 5+ years design experience with DTR products,
- Profound knowledge of mechanical design of DTR products,
- Understanding of differences between IEC and other regional international standards,
- Solid knowledge of CDS mechanical and of the technology used for the development (Rules Engine, CDSm toolkits, Configuration, etc.),
- Solid knowledge of Creo modelling (Pro-program, Sheet-Metal, Family table, Interchange, Relation, Skeleton, Assembly,..),
- Fluent with English and good communication skills,
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming languages suitable to implement solutions for GPG DT is an asset,
- Willingness to travel and ability to interact with colleagues in all our PGUs is necessary, as position is Global,
- Good team player, flexible, pro-active, result oriented and work independently.