Hitachi energy is seeking a Hub Supplier Development Engineer (Remote) located in Mexico.
This role is responsible to ensure suppliers and materials meet PGTR and BU requirements through applying risk-oriented quality management methodologies and necessary supplier improvement initiatives to achieve on-time and on-quality delivery of the supplied parts/materials.
Hitachi Energy – NAM SCM – Supplier Development Team uses Total Quality principles including quality audits, supplier surveillance assessments, inspections at supplier manufacturing locations, enacting supply quality issue resolutions for escalated suppliers, support supplier performance tracking, implementing and sustaining PG/PGTR supply quality initiatives with suppliers, and leading supplier performance improvement actions to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Supplier Qualification: Support Category teams within the supplier qualification process through evaluating the supplier, issuing and reveiwing qualification assessment forms, performing onsite visits and audits, and recommending the appropriate qualification level.
- Ensure the supply base is and remains fully qualified and compliant through regular monitoring
- Supplier Assessment (On-site Audits): Plan and conduct the required supplier on-site audits including the assessment reporting (with qualification decision), corrective action plan alignment with the suppliers
- Follow-up and confirm the effective closure of corrective action plan items by the suppliers.
- Supply Base Compliance: Participate in the SSDP (Supplier Sustainability Development Program) assessments.
- Conduct regular status update meetings with the suppliers and confirm the closure of corrective action plan items by the suppliers within the defined resolution time frame.
- Parts Qualification: Lead and execute material/parts qualifications following Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) principles including Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) for HUB led category parts/components/materials
- Lead the production part approval process for the high priority cases including the coordination of trial parts and first article inspection activities with the factory quality.
- Visualize the successfully completed PPAP’s at the global/regional level to all SCM/Quality community to avoid the duplication of the efforts.
- Supplier Issue Resolution, Non-Conformance, and Claim Management: Lead the non-conformity resolution process with the suppliers in case of the escalated technical issues from the factories and ensure the effective root-cause analysis and the countermeasure implementation by the suppliers.
- Lead the escalation of the suppliers to BU/HUB SQM in-case of the poor resolution of the identified issues.
- Supplier Performance Monitoring: Monitor the supplier delivery and quality KPI’s for Hub Critical Suppliers and escalations from Hitachi Energy transformer factories
- Plan/execute the supplier on-site assessment for detailed process reviews/audits.
- Supplier Performance Improvement: Lead the supplier performance improvement actions for the targeted suppliers to meet the customer and the Hitachi Energy’s factories’ expectations (following DMAIC, A3 and/or 8D
- Lead the escalation of the suppliers to BU/HUB Category Management in-case of uncollaborative suppliers.
- Process and Systems Compliance: Implement PG/PGTR supply quality procedures within the assigned responsibility area.
- Monitor and ensure the supplier performance data, the supplier quality costs and claims which are reported according to PG/PGTR guidelines for Hub Critical Suppliers and escalated suppliers
- Collaboration and Cross Functional Review: Closely collaborate with the category teams to support the implementation of category management strategy, provide recommendations from supplier performance data and capability perspectives, work with Hub Quality and Hub Supplier Quality on supplier resolution actions. (e.g: support for the supplier classification, new supplier selection, onboarding or sourcing recommendations, escalations, interfacing with factory operations, engineering and quality teams).
- Interface with the Suppliers: Represent the “voice of customer” to the suppliers during the supplier audits and as well as other remote activities and follow-up (e.g: interface with suppliers’ engineering, operations and quality senior management).
- Quality Projects: Complete special quality and continuous improvement projects such as Advanced Product Quality Planning, Lean Six Sigma, supplier manuals, etc. in line with Hub and BU goals.
- Live Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering-oriented discipline and minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering degree, along with experience with managing supplier quality activities and project management.
- Experience with executing and delivering cost out projects and savings
- Experience in lean manufacturing concepts (Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience working in projects using APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) methodology
- Experience focusing on supplier development and improving customer satisfaction
- Experience working with metal fabrication, welding, industrial machining
- Experience with data driven analytical analysis methodologies (SPC, Cp, CpK)
- Experience working with manufacturing process improvements (Kaizen, DMAIC, RCA)
- Experience with Quality Management System requirements (QMS) and ISO9001:2015