- Perform literature survey and review to explore state-of-the-art topics that fall within the scope of distribution network management.
- Simulate current and future distribution grid scenarios including emerging technologies (e.g., energy storage, electro-mobility, etc.)
- Develop novel and innovative solutions for distribution network management, with particular emphasis on data analytics, optimization, machine learning, probabilistic modeling, and graph-based methods.
- Develop proof-of-concept experiment/simulation setups for validating the proposed methodology using detailed case studies.
- Collaborate with the research scientists within Hitachi Energy Research.
- Prepare technical reports, and presentations on work accomplished during internship and/or publications in peer-reviewed conference/journal.
- Currently enrolled in the Ph.D. program in Electrical and Computer Engineering at an accredited university in the US. Excellent senior-year master’s students with relevant experience are also welcome to apply.
- Conceptual understanding of transmission and distribution network operation, modeling, and control.
- Working knowledge of distribution system concepts such as outage management, state estimation, power flow, and/or optimal power flow.
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity with graph theory concepts.
- Able to work with software GUI applications.
- Prior experience with distribution network modeling/power flow/DC-OPF/AC-OPF/state estimation is beneficial.
- Familiar with distribution network automation.
- Comfortable with programming in either Python or C/C++.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Capable of carrying out independent work and able to communicate effectively in a team.
- Must be currently authorized to work for Hitachi Energy in the US.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.