The Senior Advisory Consultant would be responsible for:
- Enhancing Hitachi Energy’s strategic consulting capabilities with the renewable developer community with best practice consulting advice
- Establishes client contacts at senior level (e.g. Managing or Technical Director), works with customers at a strategic level and coaches them.
- Providing insight to Hitachi Energy product managers for software tool improvements and roadmaps for client use in best practices and valuable reports
- Leads consulting project of high complexity, including:
- Modeling renewable assets, energy storage, hybrid and/or co-located resources
- Developing Nodal Simulation Ready Date updates each year
- Supporting PROMOD related modeling tasks for Zonal studies
- Prepare results and reports for external clients and be able to present the findings of studies to clients to their satisfaction.
Ideal candidate would also be an expert in one or more Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) simulation model software products for markets or portfolio optimization, such as:
- - Production Cost Modelling (Zonal and/or Nodal)
- - Long-term electricity price forecasting
- - Simulation Ready Data
- - Capacity Expansion
- - Asset Valuation
- - Stochastic analysis
- Bachelors’, Masters’ or PHD in a STEM degree
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- 3 -6 years’ experience in modeling with renewable asset and battery storage
- Knowledge of power regions and ISOs/RTOs – PJM, MISO, NYISO, ERCOT, SPP, CAISO or ISO-NE
- Experience developing long term price projections for energy, capacity, renewable energy credit (REC) and ancillary services.
- Analyzing and presenting a coherent narrative around regional power market trends
- Ability to manage large data sets
- Python Experience (Preferred)
- Experience with production cost modeling using PROMOD
- Experience in using PSS/E and/or TARA, for load flow analyses and contingency studies (preferred)
- Proven extensive experience identifying and managing project issues and risks, including mitigation strategies and plans. Ideal candidate would also be an expert in one or more Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) simulation model software products for markets or portfolio optimization, such as: Production Cost Modelling (Zonal and/or Nodal), Integrated resource planning, Long-term electricity price forecasting, Simulation Ready Data, Capacity Expansion, Asset Valuation, Gas Price Forecasting, Stochastic analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.