Account Manager, EPC
We are currently seeking a seasoned sales professional to serve our Hitachi Energy business as an Account Manager and contribute to our Sales team focused on EPC customers. This position will be based in the Raleigh, NC area.
The Account Manager is a critical part of our Hitachi Energy strategy. This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important EPC customers. Assigned to one or more accounts, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score. The Account Manager represents either the entire range of products, systems and services Hitachi Energy offers to a certain account(s). The Account Manager will lead the account planning cycle and ensure their needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Account Strategies - Participates in the development of sales strategies for account by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Sales Targets - Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow-up process. Manages / achieves both overall & business unit specific sales targets, account coverage, & customer satisfaction targets for the account; takes accountability for the monthly, quarterly, & annual results on the overall account or the specifically assigned product lines (per the direction of the Sales Manager); etc.
- Account Plan/Account management - Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer Relations - Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Manages meaningful customer engagements with support from lines of business; acts as focal-point for problem resolution while monitoring the successful close out of issues & actions; and demonstrates ability to build lasting, trusting, & widespread relationships across the customer’s organization. Ability to navigate and form relationships within multiple regional customer office locations.
- Market Activity – Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Portfolio Management - Promotes master agreements with customers to simplify the business process; represents / promotes products, systems, & services across all divisions, business units, & factories represented by the Account Manager; and demonstrates ability to combine discrete products & services into a comprehensive solution.
- Customer Insight - Develops / maintains detailed understanding of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, & organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, & competition); and provides insight to customers by providing knowledge to guide customers as they navigate alternatives.
- Industry & Market Knowledge - Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintain awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated & implemented (including, but not limited to, technical & commercial feedback in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s ethics & compliance guidelines).
- Customer & Strategy Team Work - Participates with sales management, co-workers, & business unit leadership to develop & execute account plans; delivers new insights and connects experts to the customer while respectfully challenging the status quo; actively engages in critical project touch points, anticipates the need for intervention & escalation, and takes action to initiate such communication.
- Marketing - Coordinates the use of internal and/or external resources in order to introduce meaningful concepts & solutions for the customer; this may include trade show / exposition attendance, Account Manager-initiated customer entertainment activities, executive round tables, and/or organizing more technology-specific events for your customers.
- Administration: Enters & maintains relevant sales data into appropriate databases & systems, including pipeline management, expenses, reports, and ad-hoc requests for marketing input. Monitors projects during execution and warranty stage to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- This position requires the ability to develop sales strategies with businesses, provide insight to customers by navigating options & alternatives, and coordinate activities involving multiple functions across a variety of businesses.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required to determine, evaluate, and report reasons for success or failure of sales efforts, anticipate market changes, and forecast / communicate changes in customers' buying patterns & product requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while remaining organized & strategic to carry out the sales account plans.
- Successful candidate must have an understanding of customer and company’s organizational structure, as well as strong business acumen / sense to determine when escalation is required.
- Anticipates roadblocks and alerts internal & external stakeholders appropriately.
- Hitachi Energy is seeking to create a diverse team of account management professionals focused on our EPC market.
- Various levels of education and experience will be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience. Additionally, candidate with an Associate’s degree or High School Diploma (GED) will be considered based upon the specifics of the experience
- High percentage of travel may be required
- Degrees in Engineering, Project Management, Sales and/or Marketing are preferred. However, other disciplines will be considered with proven technical selling aptitude.
- This position must also have experience in sales or business development working with clients in the EPC market.
- Degree in an Engineering-related field is preferred
- Recent experience working with Power Products / solutions.
- Recent experience working with the sales & marketing of Power Distribution products (e.g. transformer systems, switchgear, circuit breakers, protection & control systems etc.).
- Experience with commercial negotiations.
- Experience with SalesForce.Com.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, relationship management qualities, and leadership abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.