Job ID: R0018570
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY USA INC
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Lead consulting assignments of very high complexity. Contribute to the creation of the business strategy in consulting area and ensures implementation. Conduct market studies to identify opportunities for new and repeat business for Hitachi Energy’s products and services.
Leads alignment and development of consultancy products and services to meet customers’ needs. Oversees and delivers challenging and major assignments. Approves and reviews tasks carried out by others. Defines best practices for the business.
Works without supervision. Complete latitude for independent judgment. May mentor less experienced peers and display leadership as needed.
The Senior Advisory Consultant would be responsible for:
- Enhancing Hitachi Energy’s strategic consulting capabilities with the renewable developer community with best practice consulting advice
- Establishes client contacts at senior level (e.g. Managing or Technical Director), works with customers at a strategic level and coaches them.
- Providing insight to Hitachi Energy’s product managers for software tool improvements and roadmaps for client use in best practices and valuable reports
- Leads consulting project of high complexity, including:
- Modeling renewable, energy storage, hybrid and/or co-located resources, electric vehicles, demand response, distributed energy resources etc.
- Developing energy, capacity, and Renewable Energy Credit (REC) price forecasts
- Analyzing and presenting a coherent narrative around regional power market trends
Ideal candidate would also be an expert in one or more Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) simulation model software products for markets or portfolio optimization, such as:
- Production Cost Modelling (Zonal and/or Nodal)
- Integrated resource planning
- Long-term electricity price forecasting
- Simulation Ready Data
- Capacity Expansion
- Asset Valuation
- Gas Price Forecasting
- Stochastic analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.