You as an Assembly Supervisor will be part of Hitachi Energy High Voltage Business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be assembling GIS components and modules into complete bays and performing routine tests through a lean and flow production line with outstanding performance that is targeting the best quality, maximum cost saving and shortest delivery time. Contributing actively to improving manufacturing process.
- Performing Assembly, repair and routine tests (Mechanical, 10KV, HV, functional & resistance measurements) of GIS bays (including components & modules) according to the prepared work instructions, drawings, bill of materials, checklists, guidelines and customer order data.
- Fulfilling orders related work packages according to production data and instructions given by assigned foremen.
- Targeting the best performance in term of quality, cost and delivery time.
- Self-check of work packages’ results, filling out and confirm on assigned checklists and protocols.
- Supporting of gathering product improvement comment or feedback from the GIS LSC (local Service Center) engineers.
- Adequately handling of factory equipment and tools, maintain equipment and sustain proper continuous calibration.
- Quality control and immediate escalation of Quality issues. Recording deviation, supporting root cause of failure and writing quality problem or non-conformance reports.
- Actively supporting teamwork, effectively communicating, and collaborating with internal customer or stakeholder or colleague (assembly, testing, logistics...etc.).
- Independently following the factory rules and guidelines related safety, quality, environment, recycling and housekeeping.
- Maintaining safe working environment by following ABB-HSE guideline and reporting of any irregularities.
- Contributing actively to continues improvement process and Lean culture.
- Providing feedback, sharing ideas and observations whenever possible.
- Employee shall also carry out any tasks that are assigned by management necessary to fulfil the job Requirements.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- 4 - 5 years of experience in production facility (assembly & testing).
- Understanding the lean concept & minimizing all related 7 wastes.
- Reading and precise understanding of technical drawings and material lists.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language is required.