Responsible for overseeing the general operations of warehouse and its staff. Handle the recording and maintaining of inventory, advising the imports received and items exported. Train new workers and monitor performance and productivity.
- Ensure warehouse is a safe working environment, complies with OSHA standards and all building facilities adhere to proper safety standards and cleaning procedures.
- Overseeing the integrity of the receiving, inventorying, and shipping processes of goods and assuring quality of goods in storage.
- Orchestrating the flow of inventory in, out and within the warehouse including logistics scheduling optimization.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance.
- Organizing and maintaining inventory storage area, warehouse handling equipment and building provisions to meet health and safety requirements.
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees.
- Voice concerns with staffing levels and assign workload.
- Interface with all levels or HIESA organization to answer questions or solve problems related to warehousing.
- Develop and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of process improvement and establish innovative work procedures and practices.
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments and communicate with external contractors and vendors.
- Review and prepare workflows, staffing requirements, space allocations, equipment layouts, and action plans that meet company standards for productivity, quality, and customer service.
- Maintain a safe and healthy facility by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures and by complying with legal regulations.
- Remotely oversee the operations of HIESA Elk Grove Village, IL and Ontario, CA, ensuring synergy with the standards set in Charlotte, NC operation.
- Organize and plan building installments and refurbishments.
- Keep building and all facilities up to code and accurately follow maintenance protocol.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications