As a Project Manager you will have project ownership from quote hand off to project close, providing customer support & communication, and ultimately responsible for the related activities performed by multi-disciplined cross functional teams. We take a disciplined approach to project management, clearly defining objectives, timing, and critical elements to ensure success.
What You’ll Do:
- You will provide leadership for projects including scope, risk, timing, cost, and quality.
- As the customer main point of contact, you will spend most of your time communicating and facilitating the design and build process and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- During the project you will report status updates. After project completion you will share best practices and lessons learned utilizing the JR Project Execution Process (PEP).
- Act as the driving force for the team, promoting cooperation, conflict resolution & negotiation.
- Have an in depth understanding of the financial details and budget of each assigned project.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management.
- PMP certification preferred.
Skills You’ll Have
- Comprehensive understanding of Project Management best practices and processes, including but not limited to MS Project, critical path analysis and change management.
- History of managing customer contracts and relationships as well as indirectly managing teams.
- Actively listen, probe, and identify concerns. Develop credibility, loyalty, trust, & commitment.
- Ability to negotiate, resolve conflict and proactive decision analysis.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20% of the time. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
- Lead/Manage engineers and technical trades on project teams.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!