We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire the future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.
Hitachi Vantara GDDC (Global Development and Delivery Center) provides remote managed storage solutions to client-based storage architectures. The GDDC is part of a wider Global Delivery (GD) team which also includes Compute and engineering teams for Hitachi Vantara products and services.
Reporting to the GDDC Service Delivery Manager, this individual will provide up to level 3 support for Linux Administration aligned with ITSM framework in accordance with customer procedures and contracts. The Candidate must be a team player, a motivator, and a problem solver, able to analyse complex problems and form workable solutions.
Working in global operations team environment, the Systems Administrator - Linux / AWS will require extensive Infrastructure experience with deep technical expertise in Linux (RHEL,CentOS) and working experience on fundamental AWS services such as EC2, S3, ECS, VPC, ELB, Cloudwatch, Route 53, EBS, Cloud Front Etc. The Linux / AWS Administrator will be responsible for configuring, implementing, and monitoring the hybrid - infrastructure; also, collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
Reporting to the GDDC Service Delivery Manager, this individual must be aligned with ITSM framework in accordance with customer procedures and contracts. The Candidate must be a team player, a motivator, and a problem solver, able to analyze complex problems and form workable solutions.Roles & Responsibilities
• Provision, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, administer, implement, and support the software applications, tools & services that support our business processes, while ensuring proper integration is in place. Supported deployments include server, cloud (AWS) Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
• Identify opportunities to automate redundant operational tasks and improve the infrastructure support efficiencies through data analysis
• Develop Ansible scripts & AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate infrastructure delivery
• Performance tune and ensure high availability of on premise and cloud infrastructure
• Design, implement, secure and maintaining systems in test, development and production environment
• Identify and analyze the issues that hamper system performance, and work in close coordination with development teams and recommend solutions for resolution
• Enhance patch management processes across entire stack and perform vulnerability remediation Requirement:
• Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience or combination of education, experience and training
• 6+ years on managing and maintaining Enterprise Linux environments
• Advanced knowledge in the following technology areas
o Linux systems and network security principles, and general systems administration best practices and support.
o Ansible, Puppet, Chef or other configuration management tools
o Configure Security Groups, Roles, IAM Policy, VPC peering, auto-scaling resources in AWS
o Scripting - two or more of: Python, Power-CLI or PowerShell, Ruby, Linux Shell Scripting, or comparable scripting language
• Strong knowledge in the following technology areas
o Windows Server 2012/2016, DNS, Active Directory and Group Policy
o Virtualized infrastructure (VMWare)
o F5 global and local traffic management (e.g. F5's GTM and LTM modules)
o Web stack Infrastructure to include networking, security, firewalls, load balancers, Apache, Tomcat / JBoss
• Working knowledge of and experience with Agile and ITIL
• Ability to work independently and within a global team
• Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
• Excellent problem-solving skills required. Requirement of Health and Security
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work.
• Cooperate with your Employer on matters of Health and Safety.
• Abide by the HITACHI VANTARA and Customer Information Security policies, Acceptable Usage policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
• Maintain security awareness appropriate to the level of duties being performed.
• Report suspected vulnerabilities, breaches and/or misuse of HITACHI VANTARA data/systems to a manager, IT support staff or the Information Security Officer.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings. We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society. If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic. Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.