APAC NC SCADA / EMS Technical Lead
Job ID: R0035860
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
- You should through breadth and depth of advanced technical knowledge, provides application and system subject matter expertise and leadership for EMS / SCADA and related systems.
- You will be setting goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results.
- You will provide mentoring, guidance, and training to technical team members.
- You must develop regional EMS / SCADA related best practices/templates for implementation and support.
- You will provide consultation to own team members, peers, management and Global Product Group (GPG) teams, regarding short-term and long-term system goals and technology roadmap.
- You will be technical / engineering resource identification and planning and management for projects and operations including forecasting and hiring (business case justified).
- You will provide technical thought leadership for highly complex projects as needed.
- You must lead architecture, design and implementation efforts including hands-on software development.
- You will foster technical innovation within the team and leads by example when developing solutions.
- You will be working with customers to understand their requirements and ongoing strategy in order to provide or develop technical solutions for meeting their short-term and long-term business goals.
- You will work with lead center and other relevant stakeholders to manage all escalated design and implementation issues to proper closure.
- You will work with vendors and senior leadership directly as well as engineers, IT specialists, architects, and analysts from various disciplines to achieve desired business outcomes.
- You must ensure policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports, customers and stakeholders.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Science, Power Systems Engineering or similar or 10 plus years of experience in similar roles.
- Minimum 10 years SCADA / EMS experience in implementation and maintenance of complex software and or engineering projects.
- Hands–on experience with an EMS vendor system (Hitachi Energy (ABB), GE, Siemens, OSII).
- Experience with SQL based RDBMS databases.
- Coding experience in languages such as C++, Python, PERL etc.
- Excellent operating system skills, including Windows Server, Windows desktops, and Linux / Unix flavors.
- Proficiency with EMS modelling tools (SCADA, Network, Generation) and display building tools.
- Experience with EMS domains (e.g. SCADA, Generation, Network, Dispatcher Training Simulator) and applications (Historians, Alarms, Mapboard, Load Shed, Outage Scheduler, Variable Line Rating, OAG, RTNET, VAST, PSSE and historian).
- Proficiency with server hardware, virtualization, and networking.
- Experience with Factory and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Experience integrating complex software systems.
- Expertise with Distributed Energy Resources / DERMS
- Performing or creating training programs.
- Experience within asset intensive industries; specifically, utilities, transportation, public infrastructure preferable.
- Demonstrable outstanding mentoring skills and experience for direct reports and to support peers and colleagues to achieve targeted results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and confidence to develop and present to senior audiences.