Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Systems Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Oakland, CA.
A career at Hitachi Rail will help create a legacy. With operations in every corner of the world, our work goes to the cutting-edge of digital transformation and technology. From the multi-cultural strength of our global organization to the sustainable and innovative ways we work to bring people together, there’s something for everyone to get stuck into. And that’s where you come in.
- Define Concept of Operations for the project including identifying operational scenarios and use cases
- Define System Architecture for the project (logical, functional, and physical architectures)
- Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
- Lead System Requirements effort and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Decompose System Requirements to lower-level elements and work with the engineering teams to ensure proper allocation
- Serve as the project’s cross-functional technical interface between product development, engineering, manufacturing, verification & validation, commissioning, and RAMS teams.
- Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces
- Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level
- Support project Engineering in all technical decisions
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Support Customer design review and internal design reviews
- Support lab, factory, and field testing
- Execution of System Integration Test
- Define impact analysis for proposed changes to the system and support System Configuration Management through the whole lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with company processes
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Provide support to Projects external stakeholders (Customers, Users, Tenders) and participate to the budget estimation.
- 7-10 year engineering with a minimum 5 years’ as a lead systems or design engineer.
- Experience in managing External Integration Consultant Packages
- Experience in managing external stakeholders such as Civil Partners/External Contractors/Suppliers
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle and demonstrate the ability to deliver solutions to closure
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, requirements management systems (e.g. Doors), product lifecycle management systems, defect tracking tools, and software configuration tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to acquire deep understanding of new technologies with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to peers, management, and customers in a simplified manner
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Strong prior experience applying fundamental Systems Engineering concepts:
- System Architecture
- Requirements Management,
- Configuration Management,
- Interface Management,
- Deep competency in interactions between mechanical, electrical, and software components in complex electromechanical systems
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- PE certification in California within an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Prefer Expertise in any ONE or more of the following:
- High Speed Railways System
- Power systems including traction power and medium to low voltage designs
- EMI / EMC system integration and validation
- Telecoms and Network designs
- Automated control design and development systems
- Conventional signaling control designs
- CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Railway, Signaling Applications and/or ERTMS systems
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations
- Knowledge of job-specific tools (Doors, others may apply) is an advantage
- Experience in BIM design process
- Knowledge of FRA/FTA regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
The salary range for this position is $116,000 - $175,000 per year. Final pay is determined by the candidate’s experience, skillset and ability level, internal equity and location.
In accordance with the DOT’s FRA and FTA programs, Hitachi’s substance screening program tests pre-employment candidates and current employees, as required for safety-sensitive positions.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers! Have a glance at our LinkedIn pagehttps://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.