Design authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity.
Complete assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments.
- Provides technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities.
- Prepares projects documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.)
- Provides quality solutions as per customer requirement and delivers within budget and contract.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
Planning and control
- Creates work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility
- And ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
- Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
Risk and opportunity management
- Completes risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation
- Of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility.
- Reports any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Assists customers on technical issues, interacts with official contracts, contractors and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables.
- Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
Supply chain management
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed to with potential suppliers.
- Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
Processes and tools
- Uses standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility.
- Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements
People leadership and development
- Assign tasks to and coordinates work with entry level engineers, technicians,
- Administrative staff.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- System Analysis & network study
- Selection of Bus bar configuration & scheme
- Thorough knowledge in areas like Static Var Compensator (Classic or light) & Series compensation
- System as well as product knowledge on SVC
- Design of SVC classics with SC valves
- Good knowledge base on Statcom
- Expertise in IGBT based Voltage Source Converters (2 level or, multilevel converter based on the generation of the product/ solution)
- In depth knowledge of general ac power system and control system (MACH)
- Preparation of Main SLD (Single Line Diagram) including selection of primary equipment specifications
- Preparation of Protection SLD (Single Line Diagram) which includes selection of protection schemes
- Various sizing calculations to prove sufficiency for adopted design
- Layout engineering
- Earth mat layout & equipment earthing details
- Trench engineering
- Proficiency in Engineering BOQ preparation
- Review of Primary equipments , Secondary equipments , Mechanical equipment (HVAC, Fire Detection & alarm, Fire fighting equipments etc.) drawings
- Software skills : Proficiency in Auto CAD, CDEG & Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.