This role is responsible for Project Management professional. As Project Manager, Lead all on-site activities of a project to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and high safety standards and requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, AMC and Operation & Maintenance(O&M). In this position, you will serve as the point of contact for Customer, contractors and be expected to liaise between Team members and management. Individual must possess strong organizational and communication skills and work proficiently both individually and in teams.
- Assume ownership of the construction (LCP) / O&M / AMC site
- Plans project on-site activities with Sr. Project Manager including management of the site personnel and the delivery of the contractual requirements.
- Coordinate and drive the performance of the Site Works / operations in accordance with the Contract; ensure the fulfilment of the contractual deliverables within the defined schedule, cost effective, with the utmost importance to Quality, Health and Safety as per Hitachi Energy standards.
- Serve as main interface to the Customer site representatives and local authorities. Assist in technical discussions with customer.
- Responsible for the proper implementation and compliance with the site-specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plan.
- Ensures detailed construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place, compliant with the Hitachi Energy standards. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that Hitachi employees and other persons are safe.
- Manage the site budget and site costs, prepare accurate cost forecasting, communicate deviations, and define mitigation actions to stay within budget.
- Manage and follow subcontract works, claims, payment certificates and the overall performance of our subcontractors.
- Ensure the collection and implementation of Lessons Learnt from previous projects and the preparation and distribution of Lessons Learnt from their site to the rest of the organization.
- Ensures all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with 7 plus years of experience or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 plus year at Site in EPC Projects or high voltage installations including exposure to O&M activities
- One or combination of the following disciplines: Project Management; Project Engineering; Customer support. Must have proven accomplishments.
- Ability to take lead and work hands-on to deliver on timely completion / customer expectations Safety first - on and off work. Relevant knowledge and experience in the field of HSE.
- Sound knowledge in contracts management and commercial.
- Fair knowledge on high voltage substation commissioning and O&M.
- Atleast executed 1 full Turnkey project of STATCOM, SVAR or Flexible AC Transmission systems (FACTS), or HV Substations in project life cycle. Must have proven accomplishments.
- Clearly demonstrates critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate with Hitachi-ABB and Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues.
- Knowledge of Project Management skills such as critical path and risk identification and mitigation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to deliver to customer’s expectations.
- Self-motivated who drives all stakeholder to close issues and comfortable taking a leadership role as being a team member.
- Negotiation skills for interaction with internal and external customers
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
- Good understanding knowledge in Schedule management, must be able to review and plan, such as critical path and risk identification and mitigation.
- Self-motivated who drives all stakeholder internally and external customers Knowledge of Primavera P6, MSWORD and MSEXCEL & Power Point.