You as a Testing Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy High Voltage Business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be performing routine tests through a lean and flow production line with outstanding performance that is targeting the best quality, maximum cost saving and shortest delivery time. Controlling the quality of GIS and maintaining Test Report Database.
- Performing Assembly, repair and routine tests (Mechanical, 10KV, HV, functional & resistance measurements) of GIS bays (including components & modules) according to the prepared work instructions, drawings, bill of materials, checklists, guidelines and customer order data.
- Fulfilling orders related work packages according to production data and instructions.
- Self-check of work packages’ results, filling out and confirm on assigned checklists and protocols.
- Targeting the best performance in term of quality, cost and delivery time.
- Adequately handling of factory equipment and tools, maintaining test equipment’s, and sustaining proper continuous calibration.
- Quality control and immediate escalation of Quality issues. Recording deviation, supporting root cause of failure, and writing quality problem or non-conformance reports.
- Supporting of gathering product improvement comment or feedback from the GIS LSC (local Service Center) engineers.
- Actively supporting teamwork, effectively communicate and collaborate with internal customer or stakeholder or colleague (assembly, testing, logistics...etc.).
- Independently following the factory rules and guidelines related to safety, quality, environment, recycling and housekeeping.
- Maintaining safe working environment by following Hitachi Energy HSE guideline and reporting of any irregularities to superior.
- Contributing actively to continues improvement process and Lean culture.
- Providing feedback, sharing ideas and observations whenever possible.
- Employee shall also carry out any tasks that are assigned by management necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in laboratory or testing activities.
- Reading and understanding of technical drawing and material lists.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Understanding lean concept & minimizing all related 7 wastes.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language is required.