From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas.
With a portfolio that spans from installation to end-of-life services, we help our customers to optimize and manage their assets to support their business targets. Our offer spans from advanced monitoring, digital solutions, expert consulting, life extension, repairs, spare parts to service contracts for present HITACHI-ABB transformers and legacy brands. Transformer Service Markets to serve are Germany, Austria and Benelux, but we, as Global Service Organization, serve customers from all over the world as One Team.
You will lead the entire Transformer Service Organization in Germany based in Halle (Saale). Reporting to the Hub Transformer Service Manager in Europe, you will drive the change, implement the global Service strategy, develop, and expand Transformer Service portfolio in the referred Markets, and drive Service Growth, achieving Growth and Performance targets while optimizing the utilization of service resources.
Your mission: Lead transformer Service business in Germany, drive for strong Growth over current base line as well as boost profitability, while complying the Hitachi Standards on HSE and Integrity.
Main accountabilities and profile highlights:
- Keep outstanding performance of local Transformer Service Team in terms of continuous HSE improvement and Integrity compliance.
- Develop local Culture towards solid Growth and high Profitability. Define and quickly implement the needed changes to achieve these goals.
- Full P&L accountability - Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly business results in terms of achieving target Profitability and Order received.
- Achieve remarkable Business Growth on sustainable basis, continuous proactive search for business opportunities.
- Further penetration in current Customer base, significant proactive expansion of Customer base in terms of new Customers in Industry, Data Centers, Utilities and other segments.
- Expand transformer Service portfolio (Transformer Intelligence, Advanced Maintenance, Service Agreements, Life Extension, Parts, etc.)
- Building and reinforcing sustainable Customer relationships at the proper levels to ensure Client satisfaction, Growth and retention. Jointly with the Sales Team, use customer feedback to drive consistent development of processes and practices.
- Professional management of day-to-day business to ensure profitable Growth and improve Service productivity.
- Secure outstanding Quality at execution, drive to clearly differentiate in the Market by this key factor.
- Secure training & competence development of own Team as key tool for people growth and Market differentiation
- Drive Service Strategy implementation in Germany and allocated Markets, in collaboration with Hub, Global Service Org. and Country Teams
KPIs: HSE recordable incidents, leading HSE indicators (SOTs, Hazards, issue resolution speed), Operational EBITA %, Order intake, Revenues, opportunity pipeline, operational cash flow
- Significant Business Growth in terms of Orders, Revenues and Profitability
- Shift Culture from reactive to proactive approach to Market, especially in Service Sales and Execution. Define and quickly implement organizational and functional changes where needed.
- Significantly improve Responsiveness in general (sales, offer process, execution)
- Develop export capabilities of Local Organization to achieve further Growth in Life Extension, Refurbishment and Repairs outside Germany
- Successful navigation in relatively complex Regional and Global organization
- Secure business sustainability in terms of proper succession plans, talent and Knowledge management.
- A Master´s degree in Engineering combined with commercial competence, which you have supplemented with experience of production, operations and/or marketing & sales. Previous positions have made you an experienced leader who brings enthusiasm and energy to the business and foster a culture of teamwork, including professional development of own Team. Strong business acumen, and a results-oriented and proactive personality are other crucial qualities of yours. You know how to market your unit’s needed investments, as well as propose new ideas to serve our customers profitably.
- Good command of German and English required. Other languages to be considered
- Proven General Management skills, with strong Leadership and Focus on HSE and Integrity.
- Solid Leadership, Ambition and Personal drive for Business Growth and Performance Improvement
- Strong Customer orientation, personal preference for Proactive Sales and pioneering spirit, ease to create and develop personal relationships (internally and externally)
- Networking skills, clear mind-set to ask for support when needed
- Good command of Finances as required for General Mgmt. level (specialist level not required)
- More than 5 years of experience in managerial positions, working as first line manager.
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning, and repairing transformers or others industrial/technical products.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join Hitachi and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.