About Hitachi Social Innovation
Hitachi Social Innovation addresses the world's most challenging social and environmental challenges. By focusing on more efficient usage of assets and systems, we extract value to reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call the double bottom line. Combining 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT, we harness Hitachi's broad capabilities in R&D to deliver cutting edge AI and IOT solutions in the core areas of transport, manufacturing and energy.
As part of the Social Innovation team, you will work with a pan-European multidisciplinary team consisting of business development, IT and sector experts to develop new cutting-edge solutions with clients in our core focus areas.
You should be an individual who has a passion for writing code, enjoys tackling problems that are difficult to solve, driven by working as part of small dynamic software engineering teams, is focused on delivering at the highest level of quality, has a meticulous attention to detail, and embraces new technologies, frameworks and development practices with an open mind.Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree and / or Masters in a technical subject or equivalent work experience
• Strong Scala development skills with the ability to adapt to new Frameworks
• Strong understanding and experience of using Akka (actors, streams)
• Experience of using Play framework
• Hands on experience with Kinesis or Kafka
• Experience of working with databases (SQL - MySQL, NoSQL - DynamoDB, In-memory - Redis)
• Good knowledge of working within AWS Cloud
• Experience of working with Web technologies (REST, HTTP, JSON, Websockets)
• Being collaborative with good communication skills and flexible to work on different technologies like Java and other frameworks
• Experience in Java would be an advantage
• High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential
• Embraces a culture of trust, free thought complete transparency
• Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
• Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
• Big Picture Thinking
• Works Well Under Pressure
• Critical Thinking
• Strong Relationship Building skillsJob Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be a highly adaptable, versatile and dependable member of a highly agile and dynamic software engineering team.
• Develop maintainable, high-quality and scalable microservices.
• Contribute to establishing and maintaining and efficient and collaborative development team.
• Apply a test-driven development approach and be happy to work and take responsibility for any stage within the software development lifecycle as required.
• Work closely with the team's technical and solution leads along with business and partner stakeholders.
• Contribute to the technical architecture of solutions - technology selection, design and documentation.
#LI-TR2 #LI-RemoteWhat We OfferEmpowering Projects:
With 500+ clients spanning diverse industries and domains, we provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that leverage cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we engineer digital products that positively impact people's lives.Empowering Growth:
We foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development. Our dedication is to provide timely and comprehensive assistance for every consultant through our dedicated Learning & Development team, ensuring their continuous growth and success.DE&I Matters:
At GlobalLogic, we deeply value and embrace diversity
. We are dedicated to providing equal
opportunities for all individuals, fostering an inclusive
and empowering work environment.Career Development:
Our corporate culture places a strong emphasis on career development, offering abundant opportunities for growth. Regular interactions with our teams ensure their engagement, motivation, and recognition. We empower our team members to pursue their career goals with confidence and enthusiasm.Comprehensive Benefits:
In addition to equitable compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes the overall well-being of our consultants. We genuinely care about their health and strive to create a positive work environment.Flexible Opportunities:
At GlobalLogic, we prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible opportunities tailored to your lifestyle. Explore relocation and rotation options for diverse cultural and professional experiences in different countries with our company.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.