We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.
Federal Solutions Consultant, Pre-Sales
Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal transforms United States secure federal agencies from data-rich to data-driven. We are a trusted advisor for our customers' mission-critical data needs. From intelligent data platforms and digital infrastructure systems to consulting expertise, we deliver resilient digital products, processes, and experiences that accelerate innovation and create competitive advantages for the United States federal government. Hitachi Vantara Federal is a FOCI-mitigated subsidiary of Hitachi Vantara. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced, high-energy technical professional with a proven track record of solid teamwork, overachievement, revenue driven, client driven, and partnering to create a significant pipeline of business within your assigned client territory.
Location: Remote (DC/MD/VA surrounding areas)
• Overall technology leadership and responsible for architecting data intelligence solutions (pre-sales level) in her/his assigned accounts and/or territory
• Primary technology leader/strategist during client engagement.
• Responsible for pre-sales technology, solutions, and strategic client engagement.
• Works closely with Sales and Solutions teams for on-going account development, consistent execution, and compliance with pre-sales processes and disciplines.
• Understand and position solutions around complete Hitachi portfolio
• Become a customer trusted advisor through ongoing relationship development
• Assist other Solution Consultants where necessary
• Overall responsibility for the solutions being proposed to customer (technical leadership in assigned accounts / territory)
• Works with sales to formulate account strategies. Performs discovery with customers to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated.
• Assesses customer opportunities and architects creative and innovative solutions aimed at solving business, operational, and financial issues. Provides highly innovated solutions and contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
• Proposes and demonstrates the suite of Hitachi products through the use of demo's, white boards, and presentations.
• Remains up to date with respect to Hitachi portfolio (products, solutions, and services) and keeps abreast of industry trends, best practices, and competing/complementary products.
• Identifies and delivers customer requirements, including the ability to provide meaningful field input to the product teams, to enhance the company's overall platform/value proposition.
• Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
• As appropriate, directly engages with high-level customer decision makers to understand customer business issues and brings the right resources to bear in developing and proposing solutions including, hardware, software, and business consulting services.
• Bridging relationship and ensuring consistency between Hitachi presales and other internal organizations (e.g. Services)
• Create customer engagement and enthusiasm through delivery of Hitachi and Hitachi Vision and Strategy
• Develop architecture, sizing, quotes (including configuration), proposals, and presentation related to the solution being built
Qualifications and Skills
• Security clearance a plus, but not required
• 5+ years of experience in a consulting presales role in the IT industry or in a high-value solutions-oriented company
• 10+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry
• Strong knowledge of Data Storage, Big Data, Data Analytics, Compute Server, Business Continuity, SAN, LAN/WAN concepts and architectures.
• Experience with data centric solutions like Block, file and object storage technologies
• Enterprise applications knowledge like ERP, CRM, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
• Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.
• Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience.
• Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
• Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively.
• Able to manage time effectively and work independently
Great careers start with growth and innovation and here at HV Federal, our mission is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings. We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society. If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic. Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.