Controls Design Engineer II
Job ID: JRA22410
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2023
Segment: Connective Industries
Business Unit: Hitachi Industry & Distribution
Company Name: JR Automation
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Description As a Controls Design Engineer using
AutoCAD Electrical, you will ensure that equipment is designed to customer and JR Automation specifications using standard techniques and approach.
What You'll Do:
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Ability to interface with internal and external vendors, as well as customers.
- Conduct the electrical and fluid power design.
- Ensure that equipment is designed to customer and/or JR Automation specifications using standard techniques and approach.
- Create electrical and fluid power schematics.
- Specify electrical and fluid power components for bill of materials.
- Carry out assigned tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Assist with the successful execution of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing, and customer satisfaction.
- Understand and assure compliance with applicable industry standards.
- Communicate with mechanical designers, machine builders, electricians, plumbers, and controls engineers throughout the design process.
- Attend machine/station design reviews
- Up to 10% travel yearly for job training and customer site visits.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or 5 years’ experience in the automation industry.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of:
- Applicable industry standards
- Electrical and fluid power circuits
- Basic electrical & pneumatic calculations
- Proficient use of CAD software (AutoCAD Electrical) and Microsoft Office Suite.