Responsible for the development of advisory projects for major electricity sector agents, including distribution, transmission, retailer, generators in helping them deal with regulatory, economic and electricity challenges. Assists in the building and retention of long-lasting relationships with internal and external customers to support profitable growth and ongoing satisfaction.
- Identifying opportunities for new and repeating consulting business, building an internal and external network for the exchange of information.
- Creating added value for customers and the organization, ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals, using a series of sales techniques, and negotiating tactics for the leading of sales activities.
- Proposing research & development projects including the scope of the budget, supporting the project management strategy including productization, modularization and following up on new products/solutions, including ongoing support with contract management activities.
- Conducts risk and opportunities for the various assessments, ensuring delivery of the assignment as per agreed contract.
- Leads in the creation of new process and tool enhancement following the study of advanced techniques, with a lead to coach and develop sub-ordinate colleagues.
- A Senior Professional (P3) applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Responsibilities may include:
- Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision.
- Coaching and reviewing the work of lower level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
- Technical contribution Proposes technical solutions and works on consulting assignments, using established standards, methods and technologies, to develop solutions and resolve issues.
- Contract management Works with contract management activities (invoicing and work in progress, etc.) in one’s area of work. Ensures delivery of assignments as per the agreed contract.
- Planning and control Follows work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Ensures quality timely implementation within targeted cost.
- Risk and opportunity management Conducts risk and opportunity assessments for consulting assignments. Proposes and initiates actions to mitigate and control risks in one’s area of responsibility.
- Customer Proposes solutions to meet the needs of the customer. Actively seeks feedback for improvement. Support sales activities to win consulting assignments.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing Builds network internally and externally for exchange of information. Provides support and technical advice to colleagues.
- Processes and tools Apply standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility.
- Ensures that consulting activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual clauses. Reports inefficiencies in processes and tools.
- Finance and budget Contribute to achieve agreed business financial targets for a technology, business area or consulting team.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, electrical power systems or similar educational background. Advanced degrees preferred (Masters, PhD, MBA).
- Written and oral fluency in English Language.
- Experience and knowledge of the electric power industry, market, systems and equipment’s.
- Experience in the design, understanding and performance of power systems studies with consulting approach.
- Knowledge in power systems analysis, as well as experience in software simulation tools such as PSS/E (power systems), EMTP (electronic systems), and/or DigSilent Power Factory.
- Experience proposing solutions on BESS, FACTS, E-mobility, smart city, electrical transmission and distribution planning. Power systems expertise, equipment knowledge and elaboration of proposals on energy policy and regulation design.
- Management, leadership and advising of private companies and public agencies on the fields of regulation, operation and strategy in energy sector at a national and international level.