Summary of the position:
This role is responsible for drive revenue and growth for the aftermarket business in line with Sullair’s stationary equipment aftermarket growth strategies. This role will closely collaborate with the respective Sullair distributors and channel partners and provide leadership, direction, and counsel to optimize the distributor sales force, sales processes and service capabilities.
This is a remote position within the West Region of the USA.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Aftermarket Sales Generation and Growth (Stationary):
- Supports parts and service sales growth through Sullair’s distributors and channel partners in line with company growth objectives
- Develops annual aftermarket sales business plan with distributors in territory and provides specific counsel and recommendations for achievement of plan
- Analyzes and reports out regional sales performance results, planning, projects and objectives to address shortfalls and drive growth.
- Aftermarket Support and Programs:
- Aligned and coordinated focus with the stationary equipment sales team
- Serves as main contact for capturing Voice of Customer and Voice of Distributor within region and provides feedback to aftermarket leadership and respective product management teams
- Develops short- and long-term channel partner strategies and associated parts and service programs
- Drives regional aftermarket sales and service training across all channel partners and distributors
- Leads development of short- and long-term parts stocking plans:
- Recommended spare parts stocking lists
- Cap&Cap assessments
- Inventory recommendations based on regionalized market footprint
- Service Support:
- Trains and mentor’s distributor inside service and parts personnel on Sullair KPI’s to ensure consistent customer experience across all distributor branches
- Set service training goals and monitor technical capabilities of channel partners:
- Assist in creation of service programs
- Utilizes data to support distributors in lost customer analysis and recovery programs
- Initiates programs to support growth in aftermarket sales
- Warranty audits and issue resolution:
- Leads distributor and channel partner training on Sullair warranty systems and ensure requests are managed in timely manner in conjunction with Sullair Warranty Division
- Post Sales Champion:
- Acts as key liaison between distributor and Sullair customer service team providing end-to end support post sale
- Basic Account Management:
- Owns aftermarket playbook for distributors and channel partners service programs. Ensures performance objectives are being met, and gaps are identified and quickly addressed
- Executes aftermarket sales programs and sales blitzes including planning activities to ensure program success.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business, Engineering, Technical, or related field
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in Business, Sales, Technical, and/or Marketing fields
- Air compressor or industrial manufacturing experience is beneficial.
- Technical and/or service and support background is a benefit.
- Experience with indirect sales and training experience is key.
- Experience working with independent distributors.
- Experience with go-to-market and channel concepts, practices, and processes
- PC Proficiency with emphasis on Microsoft office programs
- Highly motivated with ability to plan and execute goals
- Data analysis and report generation
- Scheduling, planning, and organization are key
- Working independently
- Home Office
- 40-60% expected travel
- Eligible for Sullair Annual Sales Incentive Program
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Hitachi Global Air Power US Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Hitachi Global Air Power US is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.