We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. The role
The Presales System Engineer is a customer and partner-focused technical sales professional who leads the Hitachi Vantara presales effort in accounts by partnering with Hitachi Vantara Account Managers, professional services, customer support as well as Channel Partners to build customer-centric and business outcome value propositions. The SE provides technical engagement on key deals and owns the technical layers. The SE builds and nurtures relationships with key partners by helping them optimize, compliment and integrate their solutions with the wider Hitachi Vantara portfolio.
The presales system engineer is such a critical and instrumental role. The SE is ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of the technical and business outcomes. Working with all resources, the Presales System Engineer provides leadership to the account managers, internal key stakeholders and channel partners in the solution design process.
What you bring to the table
- Passion, balance and will to succeed no matter what!
- Customer biased and customer first attitude
- Bold and results drives attitude continually thinking outside the box
- Assess, Discover, Design, Size, Propose, Present application and data solutions based on leading enterprise storage, compute and hyperconverged platforms
- Technical ownership and expertise on Server, Storage, Hyperconverged, Datacenter, Networking, Virtualisation and Security technical opportunities, supporting enterprise sales
- Technical ownership and expertise on application and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of market trends and technologies
- Hands on experience implementing Server, Storage, Hyperconverged, Datacenter, Networking, Virtualisation and Security solutions
- Exhibit ability to collaborate and establish and thrive as a long-term trusted adviser to customers, continual engagement with customers
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and businesses that drive an outcome for our customers
- Proficient in tender writing, response and proposal creation, SOW and other technical documentation
- Proficient in tools to discover, assess and derive technical outcomes
- Design, document, articulate and present technical solutions to solve business challenges
- Participate and contribute in weekly team calls (pipeline, cadence, touchpoints, etc.)
- Conduct and/or evaluate an assessment of customer business requirements as provided by the customer and/or sales colleagues (Hitachi Vantara or Partner).
- Apply knowledge of customer business requirements to lead the creation of a technical opportunity strategy
- Understand the ecosystem of solution providers and ISVs
Solutions Development - Presentation
- Assist the Account Managers (and Channel Partners) in moving deals through the sales process
- Complete accountability and ownership across all technical activities and resources; Hitachi Vantara and/or partner
- Where a RFx has been issued by a customer, the SE shall own and drive the technical responses, assist in development the entire response
- Coordinate solution development by leveraging pre-tested solutions and designs; and by researching customized solutions
- Develop and lead Proof of Concepts and other technical assessments
- Lead/assist in the presentation of Hitachi Vantara solutions to partners/customers, including white-boarding and presentation of technical material, while leveraging, in extreme cases, additional resources as needed
- Communicate with Post-Sales teams and provide adequate documentation for clear handoff to the Post-Sales organizations (partners and customers) where appropriate
Personal and Organizational Development
- Increase foundational/advanced knowledge of products and solutions over time that are typically positioned through specialty groups (e.g., Data Management/Protection, Data Intelligence, Virtualization and Applications)
- Actively develop technical, professional and sales skills
- Pursue internal and external certifications that increases their value and impact to the SE role
Relationships Building with key clients - internal resources
What you'll bring
- Network effectively and build trust and confidence among partners, customers and peers
- Act in an increasingly consultative fashion and enhance their role as a trusted technical advisor to the customer and to our partners
Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- 5 years+ related experience in a Presales and/or Professional Services organization with focus on IT solution offerings
- Strong knowledge of the Hitachi Vantara portfolio or a comparable portfolio of other companies/competitors
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
- Independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for achieving objectives
- Bachelor's Degree or appropriate equivalent, post graduate course work is desired
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.