At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are hiring a Senior Quality Engineer for our production plant in Jumet, Belgium. The Quality Engineer is primarily responsible for addressing quality matters to ensure Customer Satisfaction. This position will drive the quality culture, address and lead problem-solving efforts, operational quality assurance, and be the voice of the customer within the organization. They act as the backup of the quality manager for all quality operations on site.
- Work directly with cross-functional teams to ensure Customer complaint resolution including analysis for root cause and identification of corrective action plan for improvement are communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and improve the customer complaint process ensuring consistent quality feedback.
- Conduit between customer and plant regarding quality performance and improvement activities
- Coordinate containment, corrective, and preventive actions in conjunction with all related functional groups and provide feedback to customers as required (close loop feedback).
- Execute customer qualification process when required.
- Implement, review, and improve quality system procedures which support Hitachi-Energy’s strategic initiatives to improve the customer experience and produce Delighted Customers.
- Manage the suppliers’ nonconformities and work closely with the suppliers to improve the quality of the procured parts.
- Manage the requests for deviation and assess the risks related to them.
- Manage the internal nonconformities to ensure that our customers are provided with products of the highest quality.
- Execute various types of quality audits, identify opportunities, and develop plans to close gaps.
- Ensure that the quality department functions seamlessly.
- Be the backup of the quality manager when not on-site.
Operational excellence and quality culture:
- Lead teams/projects related to complaint investigation, CAPA (especially systems root cause and corrective action), cost reduction. Subject matter expertise on core quality tools and problem-solving techniques including six sigma is required.
- Coach LOU personnel on principles and practices associated with quality core tools and best practices.
- Challenge the status-quo to improve the quality culture.
- Lead by example – Impersonate excellency to create the necessary momentum to achieve a culture of excellence.
Competencies and Success Factors:
- Customer advocate; Must have a strong customer service orientation and be a proactive change agent.
- Possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team-oriented environment, interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate; be flexible, decisive, proficient at conflict resolution, and proactive problem solver.
- Ability to identify with internal and external customers including define and describe the impact of internal customers on external customers and develop methods for engaging internal customers to improve products, process, and services.
- Operational and quality systems experience and skills, including design and track quality relevant pro-cesses and metrics for all areas involved in the production and delivery of products and services in a fast-paced lean environment and under pressure.
- 8D Problem solving techniques, deep understanding of APQP tools, statistical and sampling tech-niques, SPC, process capability.
- Metrology such as Measurement System Analysis, calibration standards and systems, measurement error and its sources, and control and maintenance of measurement standards and devices.
- Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized in Quality Management Systems
- Apply and understand project management and planning tools, process management and improvement tools, lean methodology and visual management.
- In-depth knowledge of quality systems including alignment to the BU’s broader mission.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You hold bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering discipline or related discipline.
- You have 2 years (junior), 5 years (regular), 10 years (senior) of experience in quality or quality engineering in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, QMS manufacturing practices, and progressive customer relationships.
- You have ASQ Certification for Certified Quality Engineer and/or Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
- Good Experience in quality management, operations, lean manufacturing processes and visual management.
- Ability to travel 10% domestic & international.
- Being proficient in French and English language, verbally and written.
More about us:
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure whilst balancing social, environmental, and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com