The electrification of the energy market is accelerating across the entire ecosystem, driven by the strong commitment from the industry to advanced towards a decarbonized society. The undergoing transformation is impacting not only traditional T&D segments but also other energy intense segments such as transportation, industry, renewables. Digitalization comes across as a key enabler of this transformation to make efficiencies, increase agility, empower people and unlock value across all the industry stakeholders.
As the Digital Lead for Grid Integration, you will have the opportunity to be part of our business strategy and Product Management team, where you will actively contribute to our journey to scale the business by providing the agility and speed needed to address the new market challenges while delivering with excellence, to help our customers in their journey towards decarbonization.
In your role you will be responsible to define and drive Grid Integration´s digital strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders in the business unit and with peers within Hitachi Energy. Your will work across the organization with focus on:
- Providing guidance to new developments to ensure an attractive external offering for our customers, i.e excellent customer engagement using digital tools and offering standardized service packages.
- Bringing internal alignment in defining digital roadmap, synergies in Go to Market, as well as digital needs.
- Setting a mature and solid Master Database to support the development of our PLM systems to manage existing and future digital processes and collaboration with other BUs.
- Supporting our function in addressing market needs and delivering with excellence; help the development of a standard IT infrastructure package with better engagement, delivering value with an agile, data-driven model, and enabling efficient and cost-effective product development using digital tools. Guiding the organization on AsaS, as a service model, to assure an optimized deployment of our digital processes and tools, while complying with data regulation and bringing the highest standards in cybersecurity
- Technical proficiency and business insight: In-depth understanding of developing technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence, data analytics, and cloud computing as well as good understanding of market dynamics, business operations, and customer insights within the energy ecosystem. Capacity to sync the digital strategies with the aims of the business and understand where growth is possible.
- Strategic Thinking and data-driven analytical approach: strategic mindset to identify opportunities where digital technologies will bring a competitive advantage. Quality of analyzing data, interpreting insights, and making decisions that are data driven.
- Project Management: Effective project management skills for overseeing and coordinating digital transformation initiatives. Capacity to effectively manage financial resources, timelines, and budgets.
- Strategic leadership; Manage relations with stakeholders and workstream representatives, working in close cooperation with BU team and strategy team.
- Change Management: ability to manage change and cultural transformation within the organization; effective leadership skills and communication abilities to translate difficult concepts in a concise and clear way and build strong relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Safety and integrity; Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Education; Master level, preferably in computer science, information technology or similar.
- Relationship Building: both inside and outside the team, leading virtual teams to achieve results in a global environment.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience (in local or global roles) where you can show in-depth understanding of developing technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence, data analytics, and cloud computing as well as good understanding of market dynamics, business operations, and customer insights within the energy ecosystem.
- Strategic thinking and proven experience in structuring and driving complex projects.
- Excellent influencing, communication and networking skills matured in an international, matrixed organization.
- Ownership, self-sufficient & Initiative taker: willingness to move things forward by taking personal action.
- Good understanding on infrastructure technologies such as Cloud services, hardware and integration, cybersecurity, communications systems and data analysis.
- Previous experience in similar roles is beneficial.
- Proficiency level in English.
- Preferred location Spain, sweden and Italy. Additional locations will be considered based on candidacy.