Lead the execution of Government Relations strategy within United States market, developing and maintaining of relationships with key political, business, and academic stakeholders in United States.
- Develop and execute Government Relations strategy in United States.
- Work directly with legislative bodies, elected officials, provincial, and/or quasi-governmental agencies.
- Establish and maintain external relationships with government officials as well as work to obtain economic development objectives, and legislative and regulatory solutions.
- Develop and execute project initiatives to support legislative priorities and growth strategy.
- Assess and provide legislative and regulatory solutions. Monitor, assess, and summarize legislation that could impact key business lines.
- Manage the submission of periodic Government Relations data to global function.
- Present updates to executive leadership on key Government Relations topics within United States.
- Engage with business institutions relevant to the United States market, forwarding Hitachi Energy's perspective on critical industry topics.
- Build relationships within United States academia, providing Hitachi Energy's input and building brand equity in this area.
- Help arrange/coordinate the Company’s high-level meetings, visits and events, and prepare related documents both required by the governments and the Company internally, including but not limited to government economic KPIs, government organization charts and personnel information, local development strategies, Hitachi Energy's presence and performance in United States etc.;
- Help develop a greater awareness of government relations’ contribution to the profit line of the Company.
- Promote Hitachi Energy brand, products and service to the stakeholders in all levels of the governments, chambers, associations and non-governmental entities to enlarge the Company’s influence in those organizations.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Known to industry and key government officials.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Expertise and experience in government relations required.
- Knowledge of regulatory and policy issues on power grids & energy business.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to influence, negotiate & persuade.
- Deep understanding of the government structure and political processes.
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate with all levels across the company.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive priorities.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior government officials to promote the company.
- University degree on relevant subjects or equivalent.
- Government affairs experience working for a technology company and/or government affairs experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.