We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.
Job Title Distribution Partner Account Manager A/NZ
Reporting To Strategic Partner & Alliances Director A/NZ
The primary responsibility of the Distribution Partner Account Manager is to manage the overall
performance, direction and strategy of Hitachi Vantara distributors and unmanaged tier 2 partners. Drive
revenue growth in new accounts, the Commercial segment for Hitachi Vantara products across ANZ. The
role will include developing and executing business plans and associated activities that results in Hitachi
Vantara establishing a leveraged and profitable channel environment.
This role is fundamental in supporting Hitachi Vantara ANZ go to market strategy. This Distribution Partner
Account Manager will be an advocate for the Hitachi Vantara channel and will work closely with segment
sales leaders and solution specialist teams in order to deliver work structured and compelling solution
offerings via distribution.
• The growth of the distribution and tier 2 unmanaged channel business in ANZ.
• The recruitment, development and growth of unmanaged tier 2 partners for the associated
• The development and growth of distribution alliance / ISV partners.
• Marketing activities with the support of the Hitachi Vantara and channel marketing managers.
• All distribution resources relevant to Hitachi Vantara vendor engagement, including BDMs,
product managers, marketing, finance, and procurement.
• Consistent evaluation and development of the channel and distribution coverage model.
• Development of existing tier 2 partners and recruitment of new partners as required to
complete/broaden that coverage.
• A well-balanced partner mix to maximise growth and conversely to minimise channel conflict.
• All measurement criteria within the partnership agreements including performance targets and
training and accreditation requirements.
Planning & Strategy:
• Drive the execution of a Distribution, EverFlex XaaS Standard and Partner Services strategy.
• Evaluate and develop an appropriate ANZ distribution and tier 2 partner coverage model for the
commercial market where appropriate.
• Map end to end resources and requirements for the distribution go to market strategy, including
functional group requirements and expectations for partner enablement, operations, marketing,
presales, education and services.
• Develop and document Distribution and Tier 2 Unmanaged (Focus partner) Plans for
demonstrating a strong understanding of the partner's business issues and their value proposition
to the market leveraging that to the maximum.
• Foster a "teamwork" approach whereby all Hitachi Vantara functional areas are engaged and
supportive of the distribution plan to contribute to the mutual success of partners and Hitachi
• Along with partner marketing drive the creation of Distribution and Tier 2 Marketing Plans.
• Provide oversight to ensure marketing execute these plans.
• Ensure a high focus in utilising MDF to generate new opportunities.
• Co-ordinate and conduct quarterly business review sessions with the distributors.
• Ensure consistent account and business planning is carried out by distribution, partners and
relevant Hitachi Vantara sales team.
• Review, recruit and enable appropriate reseller and alliance partners-based solutions and
• Identify potential market driven solutions that can develop and / or delivered via distribution.
• Equip yourself as a "trusted advisor" and cultivate executive level relationships within the
distributor and their partners by understanding the critical business issues of both parties and
how Hitachi Vantara's capabilities can address those issues.
• Foster a relationship with the distributor and their partners that promotes a "Sell With" culture
that encourages the channel to team with you Hitachi Vantara sales colleagues in customer-facing
Monitoring and Reporting:
• Define and provide managed business objectives (MBO) and performance metrics to determine
the success of the distribution relationship.
• Continually monitor the partner pipeline, from their perspective, and ensure alignment to the
Hitachi Vantara pipeline as recorded in Insight.
• Provide accurate and timely input into weekly forecasts meetings from a partner pipeline
perspective. Ensure that gaps between current position and goal are proactively and regularly
assessed and strategies and tactics are developed to address gaps.
• Proactively communicate and provide regular updates to your manager. Updates would include
revised reporting on pipeline, activities of allocated partners and any changes within their
environment that would impact the Hitachi Vantara relationship with the partner or the Account
and Territory Plans that have been created.
• Ensure that any major changes or events that impact the opportunities within the channel are
regularly reviewed and the appropriate changes or updates are made to the Account and
• Be responsible for all operation aspects of the distributor relationship.
• Be responsible for driving sales enablement and sales certification with the distributor and
partners under management.
• Ensure sales and technical enablement is engaged with the distributor and managed partners, an
enablement plan is in place and it is being executed.
• Provide leadership and direction to all resources in the extended team to improve efficiencies in
sales, pre-sale and post-sale activities within the distributor and associated partners.
• Update and maintain all account information and activity in the CRM. In addition, ensure that
changes made to Account and Opportunity Plans are reflected in the versions that are stored as
defined in the Sales Charter.
• Proven experience (minimum 5 years) in distribution management in the IT industry, preferable
across multiple disciplines e.g. hardware, software, services...
• Experience in marketing and demand generation activities and programs. A proven track record
in building and developing new business relations.
• Proven experience in team leadership and management of virtual teams.
• Strong knowledge of the ANZ IT distribution and vendor industry.
• A relevant Degree OR equivalent work experience. Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.