Job ID: R0037894
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: HITACHI RAIL STS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Local Procurement Buyer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Bangalore, India
A career at Hitachi Rail will help create a legacy. With operations in every corner of the world, our work goes to the cutting-edge of digital transformation and technology. From the multi-cultural strength of our global organization to the sustainable and innovative ways we work to bring people together, there’s something for everyone to get stuck into. And that’s where you come in.
About the Position: Procurement activities implementation according to the local commodity / category strategies
• Ensure the supplier quotes validity from Bids to Project
• Ensure the identification of the relevant/ potential local suppliers in cooperation with global commodities
• Ensure RFI/ RFP / RFQ process implementation/execution for relevant local procurement commodity/ category in alignment with procurement internal processes and procedures
• Ensure single point of contact and accomplishment of the technical and commercial clarifications to/from Suppliers and Interface with relevant business functions
• Ensure the issuing of evaluation report on Supplier Proposals collecting inputs from the relevant business function ( proposal assessment/review ) • Ensure execution of Commercial Negotiations according to Procurement rules • Ensure the definition and preparation of PO/ Final Contract Documentation for relevant local procurement commodity/ category in alignment with procurement internal processes and procedures • Ensure the execution of supplier qualification (launch and follow up) (e.g.: SAF/RASC etc. )
• Ensure the execution of all procurement actions required by Variation Requests (scope and specification changes, scope creeps, claims etc.) in alignment with Company processes and guidelines
• Support the implementation of Procurement Process in accordance with Company rules and policies at local level
• Ensure maintenance and updates of the supplier database in alignment with Global Procurement system • Support to the collection and provision to the SP unit of all Procurement data relevantfor the assigned local commodity/category- to make the “Cost Estimation Template” for the specific bid
• Ensure, according to the supply plan/project schedule and inputs received by SP, the implementation of all the procurement activities for relevant local commodity /category
Key Experiences preferred:
Procurement performances vs. Project/Bid needs • Monthly reports on Cost Savings and saving assessment mitigation plan • After finalization of negotiation lead time from PR to order according to Quality KPI • Local Procurement reports (spend analysis, ABC analysis,…) issuing monthly or according to bid/project time lines
Hitachi Rail is an equal opportunity employer. We practice inclusion without exception, creating an environment that fosters trust, fairness and respect for all employees. At our company, diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted without discrimination at a global level. Recruiting, growth and development avenues are strictly regulated according to skill & competence, merit and business needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.hitachirail.com/careers.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail