Job ID: R0024519
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail S.p.A.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Head of Electric Traction Motor Design Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
The position is based in Napoli, Italy.
A career at Hitachi Rail will help create a legacy. With operations in every corner of the world, our work goes to the cutting-edge of digital transformation and technology. From the multi-cultural strength of our global organisation to the sustainable and innovative ways we work to bring people together, there’s something for everyone to get stuck into. And that’s where you come in.
Responsible of the engineering team for the design of electric traction motors for Rolling Stock in the railway and mass transit environment.
The candidate will be placed within the Design Technical Dept. with a small team of engineers dedicated to the design of electric motors and has gained at least 8 years of experience in the electromechanical design of electric motors (asynchronous/three-phase synchronous) for traction in railway and mass transit applications.
He has acquired skills related to the design of electromagnetic, mechanical, thermal simulations and knows the specific software for the design of electric motors.
Knows techniques for modeling and optimizing the performance of electromechanical components and processes for value analysis related to the design development of a new product.
He knows electronic power converters and drives with traction asynchronous motors for electric vehicles. He also gained knowledge of the design qualification process, routine testing and type testing.
The profile is completed by the ability to work in team and strong leadership skills.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Management of complex projects, ensuring compliance with deadlines, quality and costs;
- Management of the project team in supporting the project from the conceptual phase to the final validation in the test lab;
- Input Requirements Analysis to define detailed requirement for the design of traction motors
- Electric and Thermal analysis and calculations of traction motors
- Development of conceptual projects in the tender phase, technical feasibility analysis, implementation of innovative solutions, ability to integrate with power drives;
- Design to cost for the economic efficiency and competitiveness of the product;
- Coordination of project activities with the other corporate functions: Industrialization, Purchasing, Quality and Testing in order to manage the complete development of the project and its final validation.
- Commissioning and service support
- Readiness to travel occasionally
Education / Qualifications
Master's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Good knowledge of written and spoken English
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/