At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable? energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are looking for our next “Risk & Contract Manager”, who will be able to demonstrate knowledge at Hitachi Energy in Dudullu in İstanbul with below qualifications;
- You will be involved in reviewing and sharing comments on contractual tender terms and conditions, developing contract strategy based on Hitachi Energy’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy considering risk, pricing, scope, and schedule. You will establish and enforce standard change methodologies in the portfolio of contracts to identify change and quantify the additional time and compensation due to Hitachi Energy as per the contract, define approval requirements and communicate the change to the customer.
- You will develop Risk Management competence in Sales teams and execution teams (PMs) by conducting pragmatic training periodically with specific and relevant content, custom-made for the business, periodically updating the content to make it relevant and current. You will ensure the portfolio of contracts in the business follows contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with internal standard procedures.
- You will drive and manage the professional Risk Review process during the tendering phase laying a good foundation for the same during the execution phase by participating in Local/Hub/Group risk review meetings, ensuring that group Risk Management directives, instructions, guidelines and governance processes are communicated to all the stakeholders both for the Tender Risk Management and Project Risk Management.
- You will actively participate in select Project Reviews and advise the team from a commercial, contractual and risk management perspective leading to Risk and Opportunity Assessment, ensuring the development and implementation of a risk mitigation and opportunity plan in cooperation with Project Management ensuring margin improvements during project execution and preventing margin erosion.
- You will enforce and defend Hitachi Energy's contractual interests against customers and suppliers during the whole of the project life cycle including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations, as well as defending and enforcing claims. In concert with Legal, develops the negotiation strategy and supports negotiations, supports Legal handling of formal dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration and notifies and liaises with Legal to report major claims and keeps Legal updated on any critical development during project execution.
- You will support the drafting of Purchase Orders, Contracts and Subcontracts and ensure that relevant (sub) contracts contain appropriate contract terms to protect Hitachi Energy’s interest, including flow-down of main contract terms. Analyses prime contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk, such as ambiguities, omissions, and conflicts, as work proceeds. You will seek advice from Legal to draft, negotiate and finalize agreements during the Sales and Project Execution phases and develop.
- You will provide guidance and leadership on contract management-related matters to cross-department business team members, participate in claim negotiations and provide professional support where required regarding purchasing activities ensuring flow down of customer terms and conditions to the sub-vendors.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Having a Law Degree (Bachelor/Master) is a must. In addition, Business Administration/ Engineering background is preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of working experience in one of the following functions: Risk Management/ Contract Management/ Legal/ Commercial Role.
- Complex project execution experience throughout the contract lifecycle, proven track record of handling projects of varying size and complexity.
- Experience in drafting different types of contracts viz. supply contracts, service contracts, Sub-supplier, Internal Consortium, External Consortium, Inter/Intragroup Contracts, Internal Consortium; High-level Negotiations; Contract Administration, Claims, Change Management and sound knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of the HITACHI Risk & Project Review process, risk management principles, company guidelines and instructions.
- Risk Management Certification of international repute; preferable but not mandatory
- Ability to resolve conflicts/disputes and manage dispute resolution in cooperation with the Legal department. Understanding of project planning analysis as well as business acumen, integrity, result-oriented approach and problem-solving skills.
- Site-based experience and technical knowledge of transformers and associated electrical products is an added advantage.
- Advanced communication skills to collaborate with the global team and Business Leadership Team.
- High-level organization skills with attention to detail and strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated experience in Contract Management.
- Proficiency in English both written and spoken. Excellent command of legal terminology.