Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Power Electronic Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Napoli, Italy.
Who We Are
Incremento carico di lavoro
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Design of Traction and Auxiliary Power Converters for Railway Applications
- Input Requirements Analysis to define detailed requirement for the design of Traction and Auxiliary Power Converters
- Propulsion\Auxiliary systems and Power Converters modelling and simulation to define power components sizing and topology choice
- Electric and Thermal analysis and calculations of power converters
- Drafting and issue of detailed electric schematics, Technical specifications for component and system, Testing specifications, Bill of Material
- Power Converters\components experimentation
- Power Converters\components validation in routine, type and combined test
- System integration test and validation on board
- Commissioning and service support
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Power Electronic circuit and Power Converters topology.
- Excellent knowledge of power semiconductor devices and technology (IGBT, Diode, Gate units, switching modulation technique,Si- SiC technology etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Power Electronics passive component and technology (Capacitors, Inductors, transformers, Contactors, bus bar and power cabling, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Power Electronics cooling system (Natural air, forced air, liquid, blower and pump characteristics, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of electronic circuit simulation (PSpice, Matlab, simulink, etc,.)
- Excellent knowledge of Power Electronics test circuit, measurement and experimentation
- Good knowledge of reference standards for Power Electronics on railway applications.
- Excellent Capability to manage projects from the requirements definition phase to the final validation and analysis of the feedbacks from the field.
- Good knowledge of requirements management and dedicated tools (IBM Rational DOORS)
- Good knowledge and use of electrical CAD tools for development of schematics and wiring diagram (Autocad, etc.).
- Good knowledge of GPLM management process.
- Team working and problem solving capability
- External resource/supplier management capability.
- Excellent knowledge and use of the main office automation software / tools
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Focus on Innovation and new electronics technology
- Knowledge of Power Traction Battery and green Traction technology
- Analytic approach
- Result orientation
- Readiness to travel occasionally
Education / Qualifications
Master's Degree in Electronics Engineering (preferred focus on Power Electronic)
Good knowledge of written and spoken English