Hitachi Energy is currently seeking a seasoned Service Sales professional and leader for our Hitachi Energy Sales team, acting as a Regional Service Sales Manager (RSSM) within our Service Sales team. This person will be expected to present our service solutions to new and existing clients. This position will focus on our Electric Utility markets. CA, WA, OR or AZ are the preferred locations, however, other locations within a reasonable vicinity to our key customer base will be considered.
Our successful candidate will be a highly motivated, collaborative, and fast-paced sales hunter with a history of meeting or exceeding sales targets and a strong drive to succeed. As RSSM, you will have primary responsibility to drive service sales of electrical power equipment substation services and service projects, generating service sales opportunities and securing profitable sales within the designated region. The RSSM role is a combination of a leader of the service sales team and an account development manager responsible for direct customer account management and sales. The position will focus on installed equipment and sell the entire Service product portfolio of Hitachi Energy US in collaboration with the business line technical expertise. This role will ensure the service sales team is developing Service sales account plans to ensure growth and building long-term customer relationships. Additional key success factors are driving high levels of customer satisfaction and ensuring immediate responses to specific customer needs/emergencies.
- Service Sales Delivery: Contribute to and implement the service sales strategy. Develop and implement service sales account plans to ensure growth. Penetrate Installed Bases (IB), promote various upgrades, retrofit and value add solutions to the benefit of the customers and Hitachi Energy. Understands the channel strategy and the establishment of related prices, prepares sales plans, reviews them and proposes recovery plans when needed. Regularly updates IB’s in ServIS (the approved Service database) with the changes made at customer sites.
- Leadership: Lead a service sales team for achievement of business results. Focus on employee development to ensure a strong-performing, motivated and engaged team of sales professionals.
- Volume and Profit: Utilizes ServIS IB database to understand the existing IB and identify and develop sales opportunities for Service products and solutions to penetrate the existing IB/new IB’s in the market. Focuses on the entire Hitachi Energy Service portfolio.
- New Opportunities : Conducts sales calls with customers to promote Service offerings and performs customer facility walk-through sessions to identify services opportunities. Generates Service sales leads and develops new market opportunities by utilizing market trend information, identifying, and exploring potential new service portfolios. Takes a holistic approach to leverage Hitachi Energy product and service portfolios.
- Customer approach: Establishes long-term customer relationships by understanding customer requirements and applicable regulations and demonstrating in-depth technical service product/solutions knowledge to promote Life Cycle Management (LCM). Register customer feedback and ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales process.
- Sales Process: Sells entire service product portfolio to expand Hitachi Energy footprint in the designated region. Charts out and monitors sales proposals, tender and follow up. Prepares Hitachi Energy’s service offerings based on customer need and in coordination with sales account managers, business units, third party companies and local management. Communicates contract details in accordance with Hitachi Energy offering and strategy. Manages administrative sales process utilizing Salesforce and PowerBI.
- Marketing: Acts as a marketer/salesperson of Hitachi Energy’s service products and solutions during marketing activities (trade fairs, exhibitions, conferences, customer meetings). Translates the needs of customer into relevant Hitachi Energy service offerings and solutions.
- Health, Safety and Integrity: Leads a team with a priority on Safety. Contributes to risk assessments. Registers required information into Salesforce. Ensures technical reliability, safety and cost-effective solutions to satisfy customer’s needs. Complies with health and safety directives.
- Additional Responsibilities: Provide technical direction for service sales training to less-experienced staff. Support management with key data and insights on markets, opportunity tracking, and effective service selling tactics.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 8+ years of experience in sales, sales support, and/or service of power systems / solutions; OR
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Master's Degree with 6+ years of experience in sales, sales support, and/or service of power systems / solutions; OR
- Associate’ degree with 10+ years of experience in sales, sales support, and/or service of power systems / solutions
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or technical discipline is preferred.
- Experience leading a service sales team.
- Previous experience working with electric substation equipment (i.e., Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, etc.); recent technical sales and/or client-facing experience presenting electric substation equipment solutions is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Operations & Maintenance practices of electric substation equipment and substation construction.
- Experience with Substation construction.
- Experience negotiating long term substation service contracts.
- Willingness to travel 60%.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.