Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling Systems Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Baltimore, MD or Pittsburgh, PA.
A career at Hitachi Rail will help create a legacy. With operations in every corner of the world, our work goes to the cutting-edge of digital transformation and technology. From the multi-cultural strength of our global organization to the sustainable and innovative ways we work to bring people together, there’s something for everyone to get stuck into. And that’s where you come in.
- Ensure the identification, the management and the traceability of Overall Signaling System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
- Ensure the apportionment of Overall Signaling System requirements to each of the subsystems which constitute the Signaling system.
- Ensure the Signaling System Design and ATC Gap Analysis from a define version to achieve proper Signaling System Functionalities and performances.
- Ensure the identification, management and resolution of all the interfaces between the Signaling Subsystem and the Other Subsystems (e.g. Rolling Stock, TLC) as well as the internal interfaces within the Signaling Subsystem.
- Ensure the definition of the Physical Architecture of the Signaling part and Integrate it within the Overall Physical Architecture of the overall System.
- Ensure that the Development of the Products complies with the Requirements and Interfaces of a project.
- Ensure the delivery of the assigned tasks on time, on budget and quality.
- Ensure efficiency and standardization of signaling systems across different projects (e.g. Design specifications).
- Ensure the definition of signaling system integration test procedures, the implementation of any requested test improvement, the execution of such tests and the preparation of final test dossier.
- Ensure the definition of lab test procedures, the implementation of any requested test improvement, the execution of such tests and the preparation of final test dossier
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Responsible for the Engineering Solution
- Contribute to system configuration activities, to requirement management activities and Data preparation for ERTMS systems.
- 10 year engineering with a minimum 5 years’ as a lead systems/design engineer in signaling system projects
- Conventional signaling control designs
- CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle and demonstrate the ability to deliver solutions to closure
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, requirements management systems, product lifecycle management systems, defect tracking tools, and software configuration tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to acquire deep understanding of new technologies with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to peers, management, and customers in a simplified manner
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Strong prior experience applying fundamental Systems Engineering concepts:
- System Architecture
- Requirements Management,
- Configuration Management,
- Interface Management,
- Deep competency in interactions between mechanical, electrical, and software components in complex electromechanical systems
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Rail or rail transit domain experience
- Prefer Expertise in any ONE or more of the following:
- High Speed Railways System and designs
- Power systems including traction power and medium to low voltage designs
- EMI / EMC system integration and validation
- Telecoms and Network designs
- Automated control design and development systems
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations
In accordance with the DOT’s FRA and FTA programs, Hitachi’s substance screening program tests pre-employment candidates and current employees, as required for safety-sensitive positions.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers! Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.