In your role as an OSS Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering Desk Side Support to IT users, specifically handling IT issues that require physical intervention. Your duties will extend to aiding incident resolution through collaboration with various support teams and groups within the IT department. You will play a critical role, serving as a representative of the IT organization, acting as the interface between the customer and other IT functions.
- Diagnose and resolve IT-related issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that computers are delivered in a 'ready-to-use' condition for IT users.
- Provide ad-hoc training to users on common IT issues and guides them through self-service tools.
- Manage the physical stock of devices and accessories, including updates in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Conduct regular inventory checks for relevant hardware.
- Coordinate logistics by utilizing local logistics providers to transport and relocate devices between locations.
- Handle warranty cases in collaboration with the appropriate Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) vendors.
- Identify and report potential risks that could impact the quality of OSS services.
- Offer support to end users and ensure the functionality of IT equipment and software in meeting rooms and other user collaboration areas as part of desk-side support.
- Host and assist third-party technicians.
- Perform routine checks of computer rooms, including monitoring temperature, air conditioning, cabling, and general functionality.
- Adhere to prescribed OSS governance, which involves participating in meetings and following the escalation process, among other responsibilities.
- Follow OSS procedures as outlined in the Runbook, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and knowledge articles.
- Recommend equipment modifications or improvements to achieve operating efficiencies and ensure customer satisfaction within a factory environment (when applicable).
- Support process engineering & maintenance as related to non-standard IT hardware, non-standard systems, IT-related production equipment, machine control issues, etc. (when applicable).
- Responsible for the setup and deployment of hardware of various types of software. (when applicable).
- Diploma or degree in IT;
- Experience in similar roles is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences in Italian and English;
- Proactive and solution-oriented mindset;
- Ability to work independently;
- Legal authorization to work in applied location is required.