In your role as the OSS Coordinator, your responsibilities will encompass hiring and onboarding OSS specialists at various Hitachi Energy locations. You'll oversee the induction processes and ensure that training materials are current. Additionally, you will take charge of more intricate incidents and cases to provide support to the OSS team. As a Single Point of Contact (SPOC), you'll also liaise with other product and support groups as part of our incident management process.
- Supervises and manages the functional oversight of designated OSS specialists, including both internal and external team members.
- Develops, maintains, and publishes relevant OSS knowledge articles within the SNOW platform.
- Ensures site-related communications are kept up to date, such as pIT Stop, organizational charts, and announcements.
- Oversees resource planning and management tasks, including managing absence calendars, backfills, leaves, events, and dispatching site coverage.
- Gathers critical information concerning OSS operations, including the latest technological developments, communicating with wider team.
- Identifies issues and proposes service improvements to OSS Regional Managers.
- Actively participates in resolving complex problems and major incidents as part of incident management.
- Coordinates resources to support off-site meetings and events, particularly those occurring outside regular working hours.
- Monitors the workload of OSS engineers and adjust resource allocation as required.
- Monitors and manages OSS assignment groups within the ServiceNow platform.
- Provides a monthly summary of service performance, including highlights, lowlights, ticket summaries, key performance indicators (KPIs), and prolonged tickets.
- Distributes information to OSS engineers from other departments within the organization.
- Ensures compliance with Health & Safety requirements, ethical standards, code of conduct, and moral principles.
- Verifies that the necessary IT equipment, tools and access permissions are provided to OSS engineers.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve operations and customer service.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or formal qualification in IT completed from an accredited university or college OR completed an apprenticeship in the field of IT.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in IT support, with a track record of leading and managing teams of at least five individuals for a minimum of two years.
- Holds a valid ITIL certification.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences in local language and English.
- Bring an outstanding customer service orientation as well as proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in process management improvement in a technical environment.
- Legal authorization to work in applied location is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this role.