Hitachi Energy Research is looking for a Researcher with expertise in the field of process mining. You will join a dynamic, motivated, and creative team with a broad range of experience and competences. As part of our team, you will combine theory with practice, creating, testing, and validating new technologies to enable the energy transition.
- Propose, contribute to and lead research and development projects creating and implementing process mining solutions for the next generations of products and systems for power grids, green energy, and related fields.
- Collaborate with a global team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy Research and Hitachi Energy business units to identify and solve real-world challenges and realize opportunities for improved performance.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art process mining and analytics tools, technologies, and algorithms.
- Propose and work on ideas and concepts of new approaches to extracting insights from event data and transforming these into actions with business impact. Develop these innovations into prototypes and verify them.
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise.
- Collaborate with local and global external partners including universities, startups, and vendors.
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports.
- Master’s or PhD degree or equivalent industrial experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics, or any related field.
- Experience with databases and information systems, data extraction, transformation, and visualization
- Experience with process mining tools (e.g., Celonis or similar)
- Experience with programming (Python, SQL)
- Practical experience implementing process mining solutions, ideally for industrial applications.
- Strong fundamentals in data science and experience implementing and developing approaches related to process mining, conformance checking and performance analysis (e.g., data mining, petri nets, graph theory, stochastic processes, etc.)
- Willingness to take an interdisciplinary approach, working with experts from different domains to design and implement process monitoring approaches.
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
In addition, the following skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Experience with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence technologies
- Knowledge and interest in products and systems for power grids, green energy, and the energy transition.