WORK STYLE DESIGNATION: Hybrid (+50% Onsite)
WORK STYLE REQUIREMENT: Onsite - 80% / Remote - 20%
WORK LOCATION: (NCP) Hillsboro, OR
EXPECTED PAY RANGE: $91,155 - $138,527 annually
This pay range is for the position's base salary only. This position may be eligible for other compensation including incentive pay and/or allowances. Candidates will receive additional information during the interview and selection process.
- Perform all responsibilities in a safe manner. Comply with all company policies including Environmental, Health, and Safety procedures and requirements. Protect company intellectual property and confidential information.
- Quickly learn, train, and upskill to latest equipment and technology. Ability to learn through on-the-job training. Intermediate knowledge and proficiency of both routine and non-routine job procedures, creates procedures for new operations with little input. Responsible for training lower-level staff by providing on the job training.
- Responsible for hands-on process engineering development, research, and evaluation support to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements for current and future technology semiconductor manufacturing processes. Performs project and development related tasks including data collection, analysis, and reporting. The position is expected to be able to drive multiple projects simultaneously with management support; ensuring that necessary support is given to meet customer expectations. Effectively manages both routine and non-routine process engineering problems.
- Ability to work within a matrix environment. Acts as a resource across the group working with diverse stakeholders across multiple teams, and may lead cross-team or cross group efforts involving more people.
- Supports customer account and technology managers in support of product demos and other business development activities. May be expected to interface with Hitachi’s global engineering teams.
- Holds a position relevant understanding of the relationships between plasma principals, etch fundamentals, and hardware functionality and relates them to process/project impact.
- Holds a position relevant understanding of business context, technology and industry trends, and competitor capabilities.
- Professionally represents the company to the customer; able to create internal and external documentation for projects and products, including presentations, technical reports, and process engineering specifications.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS, MS, or PhD Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience with various cleanroom and semiconductor equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- PE3: PhD; or MS with 3+ years of relevant work experience; or BS with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- PE4: PhD with 3+ years of relevant work experience; or MS with 6+ years of relevant work experience; or BS with 8+ years of relevant work experience. Plasma Etch Process Experience and/or semiconductor processing preferred.
- Should have 5+ years of hands-on developing plasma etch processes for semiconductors or other processing utilizing semiconductor manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Experience working with semiconductor equipment is required.
- Experience working in a cleanroom or Fab is highly desirable.
- Minimum travel required (<5%). Some travel will be required for onsite customer support and training, including possible travel to Japan.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced understanding and experience with dry etch/RIE and plasma science.
- Familiarity with a variety of metrology and characterization methods used in the semiconductor industry.
- Strong engineering analytical/problem solving skills. Understanding of Scientific Method and experience using it. In depth understanding of statistical process control (SPC) and design of experiments (DOE).
- Familiarity with working in a laboratory and must be able to work in a clean room environment for extended hours.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring a high degree of manual dexterity. Able to learn and operate Hitachi plasma etch systems and all associated metrology equipment involved in performing process engineering development projects and train new engineers in the use of these toolsets.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines. Demonstrated project planning, execution, and leadership skills with on-time delivery of milestones.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and self-motivated with the ability to focus on both accuracy and output in a complex and matrix work environment. Tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility to adapt to new situations. Be dependable and independent, as well as work within a team and support each other.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required. Must possess the ability to effectively and professionally interact with internal and external customers, vendors, and other stakeholders. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management team and other employees.
- Ability to work overtime, shift work, and/or flexible schedule as needed.
- On time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.
- Proactively protects IP/confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to new procedures concerning work in the facility. Create and maintain technical and/or procedural documentation.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation for all work performed.
- Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to policy.
- Provide a positive attitude to all employees and customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]