We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. Meet our Team
We're a leader in cutting-edge innovation, the transformative power of cloud technology, and converged and hyperconverged solutions. Our mission is to empower clients to securely store, manage, and modernize their digital core, unlocking valuable insights and driving data-driven value.
This strong, diverse, and collaborative group of technology professionals collaborate with teams to support our customers as they store, enrich, activate, and monetise their data, brining value to every line of their business. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Work with rest of the Cloud Architecture team to design, implement, and support the core AWS platform (AWS Organizations, Landing Zone, AWS Catalog, Transit Gateway, Shared VPCs, Logging, Monitoring, security infrastructure, etc.)
- Design cloud solutions that are optimized for multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments
- Work with the security team to ensure the platform is secure and respond to any incidents
- Support Product Development Teams design and develop robust/cost-effective solutions in AWS
- Support IT Application Teams design and develop robust/cost-effective solutions in AWS
- Support IT in developing migration strategies for moving on-premise workloads to AWS
- Design and Develop a strategy for DR environment
- Work with networking team to design and maintain the networking environment connecting multiple datacenters and labs to AWS
- Documenting architecture, best practices, and procedures
- Coaching junior members of the team
- Be a part of a global team that supports the cloud platform 24/7
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is: Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $142,000 -$203,500 Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $124,000 - $160,000 Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $99,000 - $142,000 The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.
- 10+ years of Enterprise IT experience that includes a minimum of 4-7 years of hands-on experience in architecting and engineering solutions in AWS.
- Must have experience working on large volumes of accounts
- Decision and design experience a must
- A strong understanding of Application Development and IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional Certification
- AWS Networking or Security Specialty certifications is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS Organizations, Landing Zone Architecture, AWS Catalog, and Service Control Policies
- Demonstrated Experience working with Shared VPC architecture, Transit Gateway, and Firewalls (Palo Alto preferred)
- Demonstrated Experience working with API Gateway, Lambda, and server-less solutions
- Experience in provisioning solutions using Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working with extended virtual teams
- Intermediate to Expert level knowledge in AWS Networking and Security principles/tools
- Intermediate to Expert level knowledge of ECS, EKS, and Kubernetes
- Experience in implementing CI/CD Pipelines is an added advantage
- Experience in implementing logging and monitoring solutions using ELK stack, CloudWatch, or other open source technologies
- Experience/knowledge of other cloud platforms (GCP/Azure/Oracle) is an added advantage
- Oracle Database experience and/or Oracle ERP experience is a plus.