You as a Product Cost Specialist will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be responsible in supporting business on the product cost evolution of High Voltage Switchgear. Responsible for product cost management activities in the factory and should possess strong technical knowledge on the advanced cost tools, High Voltage equipment accounting changes due to Design to Value initiatives, commodity cost impacts, etc.
- Creating monthly cost tracking on product level cost evolution and validate the results along with Product Manager in operating unit.
- Acting as a Local DtV leader in the Implementation of Design-to-Value initiatives and Verification of impact to confirm implementation and use for reporting of product cost related savings. Providing the inputs to the DtV Steering Committee.
- Cost analysis on Material, Process and Overheads for different Feeder Factories (Suppliers) globally to be performed with detailed insight.
- Performing SAP Cost run periodically to ensure latest cost in SAP is appropriate as verification for cost tools.
- Providing and maintaining latest cost structure input to configurator team for integration in Sales configurator.
- Investigate and identify cost reduction opportunities through cost analysis review (Family of products, Analysis of categories, comparison between units)
- Working with operating unit SCM (Supply Chain Management) to validate the info record in SAP maintained.
- Cost tracking of New Product implementation projects throughout gate & ToP process.
- Supporting the product management team in evaluating cost analysis on business case of Product management.
- Supporting LPM and pre-qualification team in various pre-qualification activities.
- Supporting Sales and Tendering team with the cost update in the offering cost tools.
- Maintaining quality standard documents and comprehensive documentation of work results.
- Initiatives to be carried out for various cost avoidance / cost reduction across Global units to streamline the process.
- Closely coordinating with all cross functional team to collect all the feedback and data to be implemented in the cost tools & product management.
- Working on improvement for cost management: lead to more efficient working process (e.g.: tool development), lead to better quality of working results and more useful data relevant for stakeholders to support decision making.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering Degree.
- 10+ years of experience with strong cost management background.
- Experience in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) or SAP system in Material Management Module. Added advantage if familiar with Costing Module / Cost calculation process of any product.
- Substation product knowledge is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on lean approaches & cost-effective measures.
- Good knowledge in Power BI (Business Intelligence).
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required. Arabic is plus.