Job ID: R0039478
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY POLAND SP. Z O.O.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering quality products and solutions to our customers.
Power Electronics in Hitachi Energy has over 100 years of history, it’s started from development and manufacturing of Mercury-Arc Valves; introduction of breakthrough technologies like HVDC; pioneering power semiconductor manufacturing; bringing electricity to transportation; and enabling Smarter, Stronger and Greener Power Grids.
Hitachi Energy has committed to Net-Zero in the 2050 strategy, focusing R&D development to deliver technologies which support achieving q carbon-neutral future. The backbone for the grid transformation is Power Electronics, where we are developing new efficient solutions for integrating renewables, providing energy storage, improving power quality, and enabling green transportation and charging solutions for electric vehicles.
As part of that journey, we are strengthening our R&D teams working with Power Electronics in our Krakow site. The R&D Manager of PE LV Product will be responsible of 4 multi-disciplinary Teams. These cross-functional, diverse, and highly motivated team consist of Power Electronics, Control, Electronic Design and Mechanical Engineers. Your job will be to further grow the team, shape team spirit, and contribute to the development of new converter platforms for a range of grid and DC applications. Together with the team, you are expected to push the technology boundaries in terms of efficiency, size, and operational performance.
Reporting to Agnieszka Wojtysiak Technology Manager. and supported by Lukas Ramming Global Technology Manager and Mario Campo Product Manager , you will cooperate and will be supported by our global R&D teams and experts. A creative environment allows you to utilize your knowledge and skills in technology and product development to identify and implement innovative solutions for a new Product Platform.
- Create inspiring team’s vision connected with organization’s vision & strategy, promote innovation spirit and operation excellence.
- People management, promote sustainable competence and talent development.
- Continuous improvements and operational development, contribute and drive long term strategic initiatives.
- Ensure the consistency, implementation and documentation of hardware and Verification & Validation process methods and tools.
- Ensure cross-function, cross tech. line/business collaboration, e.g. product management, portfolio management etc.
- Encourage innovation and manage intellectual property
- Work with Scrum Masters to provide an optimal work environment for the Scrum Teams to perform, remove impediments
- Allocate resources (internal and contractors) to carry out the roadmap and ensure the split of workload across multiple Scrum Teams
- Prepare and control the activity budget
- Ensures development and capitalization of knowledge and know-how.
- Committed to foster a culture of health, safety and integrity woven in everyday work.
- Participate in recruitment: initial selection and interviews with candidates and preparation of competency requirements for job posting.
- Determine the scope of competence in the team and the direction of its development.
- Supervise the implementation of projects in financial and content-related terms.
- Stimulate creativity and innovation in the team.
- Ensure the transfer of knowledge and results of the conducted projects and "sell projects."
- Participate in the planning and execution of purchases and investments in the team.
- At least 10 years of experience in R&D and minimum 5 years managing an R&D team
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and agile mindset
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-national teams
- Readiness of mind, analytical thinking, flexibility & ability to act independently and on your own responsibility, resilient
- Experience on functional leadership is a plus (Technical Leader or Project Management roles)
- You are curious and interested in sustainability and the ongoing energy transition and want to work on key technologies to solve one of the biggest challenges for humanity today.
- You are a natural team player and enjoy collaborating with others, have a solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- You have a MSc or PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or other relevant domain), and have extensive experience in quality assurance in product development processes.
- You bring a high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- As you will be part of a global business, fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Substantive knowledge of project issues in the team's area of operation.
- Cross-cultural cooperation.
- Knowledge of R&D related processes and procedures, experience in working in R&D.
- Basic financial knowledge.
- Human resources management.
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing abilities.
- Communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Goal orientation.