Job Title: Sales Engineer
Reports To: Associate Director
Location: Ontario, CA
Status: Regular-Full Time
Summary of the Position:
Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions America, LLC. is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to handle the Central Valley, Bay area/Sacramento up to Napa Valley. This position will be responsible for supporting the sales & growth of Marking & Coding products and equipment, along with the supplies that support these products. He/she will create and implement sales and marketing of HIESA products in their territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase sales volume with both new and existing HIESA products within the territory focusing on achieving HIESA budget goals.
- Develop new customers and applications by working alongside the HIESA support team.
- Provide support to existing customers to lower their costs and assist in training their staff.
- Participate in and contribute to programs and/or activities as assigned by management.
- Grow your awareness of the applications & all products HIESA distributes in growing the business.
- Forecasting: Actively participate in the development of the sales forecast and developing the growth of the HIESA products in your territory.
- Market Intelligence: Provide information to the Product Management team; customer value, competitive activities, regional market trend, and competitive comparisons.
- Performance Communication: Assist management to communicate our business, product and territorial sales performance. Submit special reports as requested by HIMS staff in the assigned territory, acceptance or rejection of the products and competitive conditions beneficial to the company management.
- Work with HIESA inside support staff and technical support to further the growth of the business within each customer.
- Trade Shows & traveling: Work different trade shows to support the vendor and HIESA sales. Be willing to travel and stay overnight as needed within the territory or per management requirements which are reasonable for both parties.
- 5+ years of Industrial sales experience, preferably in the packaging, marking, and labeling business is required.
- Have a solid understanding of local area networking and territory management to concepts and standards needed to sell and manage equipment sales.
- Having a basic understanding of mechanical and electronic equipment
- Willingness and desire to win and support the HIIESA team, through sales & service of its products.
- Strong Customer focus
- Self-motivated, high initiative, self-directed.
- Strong attention to details
- Achievement oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite.
- Ability to travel by vehicle daily and overnight 15%-30% in the U.S. assigned territory as needed to meet growth and customer needs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- BS in business or related field is strongly preferred.
For California only (as required by California’s Pay Transparency for Pay Equity Act (SB 1162): The expected salary for this position in our California office is $67,248 – $84,060. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi America’s variable pay program, subject to the program’s conditions and restrictions.
Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.