Proactively lead to ensure safe working practices and programs are further developed and maintained throughout the local organization. Ensure accountability and high-level safety and environmental performance throughout the local organization. Coach and support people at all levels of the local organization to realize an exemplary safety culture as part of our total commitment to quality and reliability.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment towards health, safety and environmental standards and guidelines, management systems and procedures.
- Communicate all health and safety initiatives, processes and procedures throughout the organization to ensure all persons have a common and uniform understanding.
- Train, coach and support the organization in health, safety and environmental issues
- Monitor compliance of health, safety and environmental requirements and handle nonconformance issues according to relevant procedures.
- Assist and guide all levels of management, supervisors and employees on site to implement accident prevention activities plus where necessary provide interface to Contractors/Clients.
- Support the managers in the manufacturing facility in risk assessments of workspaces, work tasks, tools, and coordination of common spaces
- Roll-out where necessary, initiate and maintain quality input of a health and safety management system which meets the ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 specifications.
- Carry out safety and environmental audits, investigate accidents and root causes, introduce, and supervise corrective actions.
- Monitor, communicate and apply standards created and/or maintained by external bodies, and integrate within internal health, safety management systems.
- Provide guidance on competency-based health, safety and environmental training for all persons throughout the organization.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in environmental safety or science, Occupational Safety & Health, or related field.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and environmental standards in manufacturing environment and the role a safety system plays in managing the overall risk profile of a site.
- Practical "hands-on" experience in developing and managing safety systems with the ability to dig into site specific details and develop solutions to complex safety issues.
- Strong knowledge about OSHA legislation for manufacturing sites.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in Safety and Environmental related positions.
- Accreditations such as ASP or CSP preferred, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.