Define a People compliance strategy for the Crystal Springs site with a roadmap for implementation. Develop and provide training on HR related policies and procedures. Develop communications and processes for compliance with federal and state laws. Ensure all relevant parties in the country understand and comply with relevant legislation, labor law, industry-level agreements and any applicable internal company/workforce agreements.
- Establish and local network of HR Business Partners and Labor Relations position to support and implement effective labor and compliance programs. Define a Labor relations strategy for the Crystal Springs. Share Labor Relations information and represent the Region’s needs to the Group-level network.
- Participate in labor contract negotiations for Hitachi Energy Local site. Lead efforts, in partnership with Legal, for Company changes that have potential bargaining needs with unions, communication protocols, etc.
- Handle the day-to-day Labor Relations on site with activities to educate management on the Collective Bargaining Agreement, local grievance processes, local promotion processes and all processes related to the local union.
- Provide advice and guidance, tools and resources, as required to Country and Local compliance and labor relations teams in managing compliance and labor relations crises which impact at a national level, or local level were significant.
- Build and manage constructive relationships with all stakeholders regarding people related compliance topics, especially the Labor Law Department in Crystal Springs.
- Collaborate proactively within the North America region to have a shared understanding of the labor picture across the Region. Build and manage constructive relationships with all labor relations to support a culture of mutually beneficial cooperation with employee representatives.
- Advise and proactively communicate with business leaders, HRBP’s and the Legal function regarding requirements in compliance and labor relations. Establish a robust communication plan for the Crystal Springs location related to Compliance and Labor Relations topics. Provide professional labor relations expertise across Hitachi Energy by utilizing internal and external experts (i.e. lawyers) as applicable.
- Implement training for all people related compliance topics in alignment with the Labor Law department. Train relevant stakeholders for labor relations employees on union avoidance and build excellence and embed skills and competence in labor relations.
- Regulatory interface to US Labor and Compliance Manager.
- Interactions with labor unions
- Labor Relations at the Crystal Springs Location
- Role is a combination of (1) labor relations, working with a network of HR and labor contacts in the businesses as well as local legal and US Labor Relations leadership, and (2) Ensuring compliance to external and internal requirements.
- Due to the variety of local stakeholders in people related compliance and labor relations, approaches have to consider the different needs and personalities of the business as well as the employee representatives.
- In order to recommend the best approach for implementing business changes from a labor relations perspective, business interests, the different legal context as well as the acting stakeholders have to be considered, which leads to a high level of complexity. In addition, the dynamics in labor relations processes require on the one hand a well-structured process and on the other hand enough flexibility to react to the unforeseen.
- Position is responsible for ensuring that all US compliance requirements are met and that the policies and processes used within our HR function support those requirements.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree is considered a plus)
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience including several years in working with union contracts, negotiations and establishing strategy for union contracts.
- Relevant professional qualification / accreditation.
- Proven ability to build relationships and manage stakeholders at different levels in the business, with the skill to sustain the relationship while constructively challenging and influencing.
- Ability to lead teams through influence and motivation vs. direct reporting authority.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Excellent knowledge of labor relations in the US required.
- Good understanding of the business strategy and how labor relations can best support its execution.
- Significant experience in a complex and international organization leading collective labor relations matters, or as an HR Business Partner, and facilitating change.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.