Responsible for the development of advisory projects for major electricity sector agents, including distribution, transmission, retailer, generators helping them deal, economic and electricity challenges. Assists in the building and retention of long-lasting relationships with internal and external customers to support profitable growth and ongoing satisfaction. Key areas of responsibility: Identifying opportunities for new and repeating consulting business, building an internal and external network for the exchange of information. Creating added value for customers and the organization, ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals, using a series of sales techniques, and negotiating tactics for the leading of sales activities. Proposing research & development projects including the scope of the budget, supporting the project management strategy including productization, modularization and following up on new products/solutions, including ongoing support with contract management activities. Conducts risk and opportunities for the various assessments, ensuring delivery of the assignment as per agreed contract. Leads in the creation of new process and tool enhancement following the study of advanced techniques, with a lead to coach and develop sub-ordinate colleagues.
- Leads alignment and development of products and services to meet customers’ needs. Oversees and delivers challenging and major assignments.
- Approves and reviews tasks carried out by others.
- Defines best practices for the business.
- Works with contract management activities (invoicing and work in progress, etc.) in many areas of work.
- Ensures delivery of assignments as per the agreed contract.
- Creates work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Ensures quality timely implementation within targeted cost.
- Conducts risk and opportunity assessments for consulting assignments. Proposes and leads actions to mitigate and control risks in maybe of responsibility.
- Identifies opportunities for repeat and new consulting business.
- Builds and retains long-lasting relationships with existing and new customers, both external and internal, to support profitable growth and ensure ongoing satisfaction.
- Coordinates the local customer strategic approach through relevant initiatives (e.g. key account and partner development, set up of alliances).
- Creates added value for the customer and company and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques.
- Evaluates market opportunities and decides on appropriate activities in line with the strategy. Decides on go-to-market priorities for domestic and allocated markets in order to best balance cost and growth.
- Supports and follows-up on critical tenders to secure closing of key opportunities in line with the local financial targets and risk management guidelines.
- Negotiates contracts and leads sales activities with multiple local units to win major consulting assignments.
- Builds network - internally and externally -for exchange of information. Coaches and develops consultants; provides a role model for technical leadership.
- Actively participates in technical conferences and promotes technical solutions.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, electrical power systems or similar educational qualification. Advanced degrees preferred (Masters, PhD, MBA).
- Written and oral fluency English Experience and knowledge of the electric power industry, market, systems, and equipment’s.
- Experience in the design, understanding and performance of power systems studies with consulting approach.
- Knowledge in power systems analysis, as well as experience in software simulation tools such as PSS/E (power systems), EMTP (electronic systems), and/or DigSilent Power Factory.
- Experience proposing solutions on BESS, FACTS, E-mobility, smart city, electrical transmission, and distribution planning.
- Power systems expertise, equipment knowledge and elaboration of proposals on energy policy and regulation design.
- Management, leadership and advising of private companies and public agencies on the fields of regulation, operation, and strategy in energy sector at a national and international level.