Hitachi Energy is seeking a Site Quality Specialist. The Site Quality Specialist will be based in the field at the project location. Current project location is Corona, New Mexico . Role requires relocation to new project site upon completion. This role is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, and monitoring all Quality work during site execution to ensure we satisfy customer expectations. This includes works undertaken internally in addition to the work performed by our subcontractors and/or partners as required for the project. The Site Quality Specialist reports functionally to the Quality & CI Manager for Site Quality. During site execution the Site Quality Specialist reports operationally to the Site Manager and dotted to the PQM.
- Review contractual and local requirements applicable to site quality. Review lessons learnt from previous projects and relevant project plans (e.g., SQP, SMP).
- Review Contractor Quality Plans to ensure alignment with the Project Quality Plans and the customer requirements. Based on reviews and discussion with stakeholders identify and follow up risks and mitigations to ensure we fulfill site quality expectations.
- Set up and educate site personnel in the quality management system including the completion system at site and ensure it is compliant with any regulatory and PG requirements as well as any applicable codes & standards.
- Provide Quality Induction training to the site personnel. Execute and follows up the Quality Plans, master test plan and completion system status for site activities as required.
- Review quality documentations for correctness and completeness prior approval (e.g., test certificates, checklist, etc.). Ensure that the quality control plans (ITP, ITR etc.) and any erection documentation (isometrics, procedures, etc.) provided by HVDC are effectively communicated to the site management team and the contractors.
- Ensure that Quality Control processes are fully implemented and continuously monitored. Ensure that inspection / testing during Civil, Mechanical & Electrical erection and Commissioning are conducted, documented, checked, and validated as per the quality control system.
- Organize and supervise acceptance testing and/or approval by customers, third parties and governmental authorities whenever required at site. Ensure that the completion system, deviation, NCR (Non-Conformance Report) System, CCRP system and any other Quality tools are fully deployed at site and that the users are adequately trained.
- Ensure that all testing and measurement equipment used at site are listed and calibrated and that the associated calibration certificates are available. Follow up completion system at site having an overview of status regarding inspections, certifications and all outstanding works including punch list.
- Provide Quality related site KPIs to the stakeholders whenever required. Coordinate, follow-up, and lead site inspections and support the management of punch-out items. Provide Quality inputs to the site management to support on-time and in-budget execution of the project.
- Perform site quality inspection of goods coming to site and report any deviations according to the project regulations. Follows up that handling, storage of delivered material and equipment are in accordance with the manufacture's guidelines and the SQP.
- Ensure that the ITP/ITR are applied by the sub-contractor and its subcontractors including the compliance with the Hold points and Witness points. Ensure site quality documentation is generated, distributed, updated, and archived in accordance with the Management system and completion system requirements. Deploy Site Quality audit program (including contractor audits and internal audits).
- Participate in internal and contractor quality audits as per the Site Quality audit program. Assist and coordinate any planned external site related audits. Monitor contractor compliance with Quality requirements and implement corrective actions whenever required.
- Follow up the adherence and governance of the quality management system at site. Support in identifying lessons learnt and contribute with input to the ToE process.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in technical, engineering, quality management and a 5+ years of construction quality site experience OR High School Diploma / GED and a 9+ years of construction quality site experience.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Willingness to relocate for the duration of the project wherever the construction site is located. (Current project plan; two years in Lewiston Maine then other state in continental United States.)
- Power or energy industry experience highly advantageous. Track record and proven capability in Change Management, managing internal project/program in large and complex organization.
- Experience in process management ideally in project business, preferably in the energy or automation industry, or other quality and process-oriented industries. Continuous Improvement experience. L6S Belt. Capacity to communicate, result oriented, speed in execution, openness and listen to others.
- Test coordination experience is required. ISO9001 knowledge is required. Certified auditor is plus. Knowledge and experience on construction codes / standards. Computer skills and knowledge of completion systems. English fluency (written + spoken).
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.