Hitachi Energy is seeking a Project Controller, DTB for its Mount Pleasant, PA location. This role is responsible to drive definition and implementation of standards and business specific guidelines in financial control processes. A Senior Professional (P3) applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Responsibilities may include: Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision. Coaching and reviewing the work of lower level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
- Business Planning & Forecasting: Translates budgets into operational plans and establishes measurable targets. Executes the business planning and forecasting processes for the area of responsibility.
- Evaluates financial implications of various operational decisions, builds scenarios, and recommend corrective actions.
- Business Performance: Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve.
- Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and acts to improve Net Working Capital. Cost Management: Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making.
- Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency metrics. Assist organization to improve business processes and reporting, which includes but is not limited to, production order variances (POV), scrap reporting, labor reporting (efficiency), purchase price variance (PPV), absorption, and overheads.
- Develop labor, material and overhead annual budget assumptions. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed. Support New Product Introduction (NPI) by assisting with initial BOM generation and cost estimates.
- Work with the various department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived. Optimization: Leads cross-functional initiatives that support operational goals.
- Drives definition and implementation of global standards and business specific guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in the financial control process within own area of responsibility. Internal Controls and Compliance: Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures.
- Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits. Signs off Assurance letter for the area of responsibility.
- Financial reporting: Applies processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience in Finance/Controlling. Knowledge of IT systems such as ERP as well as proficiency in the use of SAP and MS Office applications is preferred.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Post graduate degree or CPA is preferred. Fluent command of English. Strong communication skills and ability to maintain a constructive dialogue with stakeholders at all levels.
- Good knowledge of Power BI, Power App and similar other tools is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.