You as a Senior SAS Commissioning Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. You will be ensuring completion of all SAS commissioning activities of all commissioning activities efficiently and cost effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety documents.
- Managing the commissioning activities to ensure quality, timely delivery within targeted costs and ensuring implementation design changes in commissioning and the production of as built documentation.
- Supporting continuous improvement of project process or product or system design and managing the implementation of the commissioning planning, improving effectiveness of work plans in collaboration with other functions.
- Conducting risk and opportunity assessments during commissioning phase to ensure implementation of commissioning planning, identifying and reporting potential risks related to HSE or quality and recommends resolutions to management.
- Conducting safety observation tour regularly to report and mitigate potential HSE hazards. Leading and coordinating commissioning activities focused on finalizing customer acceptance certification. Interacting with customers and clients for approval of test acceptance criteria and open issues closure.
- Attending project meetings and presents SAS aspects of commissioning. Developing, coaching, and providing technical guidance to colleagues in SAS Commissioning team.
- Giving feedback to the organization to apply lessons learned process.
- Creating standard commissioning processes and tools and ensuring that all commissioning activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering in electrical or electronics or computer science.
- 8-10 years' experience in Hitachi Energy Micro SCADA or other SAS SCADA systems. 5-6 years' experience SAS testing & commissioning experience in projects in Saudi Arabia preferably with national grid SA.
- Knowledge in IEC61850 based System Engineering. Knowledge and experience on IEC101 and IEC104 Protocols.
- Knowledge and experience in network analyzer tools.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English is required.