We are looking for a Technical - Commercial Manager profile that combines reasonable technical knowledge of High Voltage, and Medium Voltage equipment related to substations with good negotiation, and excellent communication skills. Strategic minded with a capability of visualizing roadblocks and opportunities, before they arise.
- 1. Sourcing strategy Implement effective sourcing strategies for Contracted Services Category in line with business strategy ensuring that the supply base of contractors have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Ensures all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly.
- 2. Negotiations Negotiates agreements with main suppliers and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- 3. Supplier agreements Ensures identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate contractors (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Company policies. Defines and establishes local standard agreements with all major suppliers. Provides and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Company directives and guidelines.
- 4. Supplier performance On-boards new suppliers in close collaboration with the respective local buyer and runs regular supplier evaluations and provides supplier reports to Businesses and Category Managers.
- 5. Excellence Runs benchmark studies for the category team and for specific sourcing initiatives and designs and implements cost-out programs and/or processes to reach financial targets.
- 6. Contract Management Creates local contract amendments to frame agreements on behalf of a country and updates/maintains frame contracts. Also adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management and executes upon approval. Provides ongoing oversight and contract management with suppliers.
- 7. Risk Management Actively identifies and mitigates risks associated to the contractual framework used on the projects. Promotes a risk management culture by participating actively and initiating Contractor´s Risk reviews for identified projects. Relates contractual risks and risk profile to the project´s risk matrix for follow up of mitigation plan.
- 8. Support Supports regional/global sourcing initiatives within a defined set of categories, working closely with key stakeholders to implement regional category strategies.
- 9. Orders Runs regional sourcing initiatives under a defined threshold. Initiates purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, and confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- 10. Budget and performance targets Contributes to and participates in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework. Ensures the Category sourcing performance targets are achieved.
- 11. Procurement Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts. Minimizes risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with company guidelines.
- 12. Communication Fosters communication internally (Sales/Tender, Engineering, SCM, others), externally (E&C Companies, Forums), and between different Divisions, Business Units and Functions and supports the implementation of SCM activities and initiatives in the Region/Country through this clear communication. “
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- E&C companies' procurement and negotiation of medium to large contracts $2M-$20M USD.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Experience and understanding of contractual framework and it´s applicability and risks (Turnkey)
- Knowledge and understanding of risk identification and mitigation.
- Experience and knowledge of category management techniques (market analysis, SWOT, Purchasing chessboard, Kraljic Matrix, others)
- Technical knowledge and background of E&C within the power sector.
- Experience and knowledge of procurement methodologies.
- Experience and understanding of quality methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Excellent communication skills.
- Independent and capable of working with limited information.
- Well versed on MS tools – Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Power BI, etc.
- Multi-cultural negotiation.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.