Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Service Project Manager for it's Raleigh, NC location.
- Be a single point of contact for customers for their needs.
- Takes full ownership of customer-related issues and drives them to completion with internal and external suppliers and team members.
- Works cohesively with Global Execution Centers to address site issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accessible outside of regular working hours for issue resolution and response
- Drives all activities on assigned projects/services and reports to management on status.
- Manages remote work crews and specialized engineers.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail while adhering to Hitachi Energy processes for project execution.
- Assures Hitachi Energy’s commitments to customers are met, in accordance with the contract.
- Sets customer expectations to assure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances.
- Utilizes Full Cost Calculation/Model to develop new opportunities while controlling current project costs and cash flows.
- Engages customers, suppliers, and internal finance to ensure that payments are timely and correct.
- Participates in the negotiation of project-specific terms and conditions with legal counsel.
- Reports status/ progress to the customer and others with appropriate detail and raises potential project issues to relevant stakeholders early.
- Utilizes negotiation skills for scope and change management to actively pursue additional possibilities for increased revenue.
- Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Identifies risks and mitigation alternatives associated with project activities and proactively pursues a decided-upon mitigation approach.
- Works actively with Supply Chain Management to obtain Coordinates/direct project transportation and logistics.
- Reviews the status of critical suppliers’ progress and include it in the overall schedule.
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization.
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing, and negotiating; Manages conflict.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum of 5 years in one or combination of the following disciplines: Project Management; Field Service; Project Engineering; Customer support. Must have proven accomplishments.
- Clearly demonstrates critical thinking to address issues which in certain circumstances may need to be expedited in emergency situations to minimize downtime of customers’ critical assets.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate with Hitachi Energy and Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project-related activities and issues.
- Knowledge of Project Management skills such as critical path and risk identification and mitigation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and a desire to deliver to customers a quality, completed project that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Self-starter who drives issues to close and is as comfortable taking a leadership role as being a team member.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.