The Project Execution team are at the heart of our organization, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. Reporting to the Project Management Manager, the Project Manager will lead the execution of medium to large size projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi Energy policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. Working in close collaboration with customers, engineering, quality, production, supply chain, sales, etc.
- Executing the projects as per contract scope, schedule, and contractual conditions.
- Reviewing the contract received from sales and understanding terms and conditions of project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance, and risk factors.
- Planning, monitoring, and controlling the project activities (Scope, Time and Cost) proactively including project handover, execution planning, monitoring and control activities to accomplish the project goals.
- Developing project schedule and freezing with respective stakeholders (internal and external).
- Preparation of project wise Master document list and maintaining the updates.
- Executing the process activities in SAP and maintaining the documentation as per ISO and Internal process requirements throughout the project cycle.
- Co-ordinate with Engineering and customer for timely approval of drawings and documents and resolution of all projects related queries or issues during execution.
- Single point contact and escalation point for customer for project issues and assuring Hitachi Energy commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract.
- Seeking to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer Interaction. Building trust, confidence and loyalty with customers
- Preparing and submitting project progress report to customer as per contractual Requirements.
- Closely monitoring and documenting change requests from customer related to project scope and getting approvals for time extension, additional cost etc.
- Evaluating and identifying the risks in project proactively and implementing the mitigating actions. Preparation of project specific risks and opportunities management plan.
- Co-ordinating with customer for Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and arranging the timely dispatch clearances.
- Co-ordinating with commercial team for Invoicing and with logistic team for dispatch of goods.
- Co-ordinating with service team for installation, testing and commissioning at site.
- Co-ordinating with customer for timely collection of payment.
- Co-ordination for As-built drawings, collection of PAC & FAC and Project Closure and Handing over to service team.
- Reporting status or progress to internal stake holders/management with appropriate details.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent, and 1+ year relevant experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- A CAPM certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in management of project scope, cost, schedules, quality, and vendors/subcontractors.
- Sound knowledge of the Transformer offerings and the North American energy sector.
- Strong knowledge and experience in SAP, MS Project, MS Excel, and other PM tools
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- Should possess strong leadership skills and ability to convince stakeholders in the interest of the project.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver the projects with time, cost and quality.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language is required.
- Role is in-person in our South Boston factory.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.